Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Whatever happened to Charlene Prickett?

This is a discussion on Whatever happened to Charlene Prickett? within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; When I first started stepping back in the late 1980s, there was Gin Miller, Keli Roberts (CherFitness), Charlene Prickett, Jane ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 05:44 AM
Cathlete
JT's Profile Fields

Default Whatever happened to Charlene Prickett?

When I first started stepping back in the late 1980s, there was Gin Miller, Keli Roberts (CherFitness), Charlene Prickett, Jane Fonda, maybe Cathe, Denise Austin, The Original Firm, Kathy Smith and Richard Simmons. Plus, Karen Voight.

Charlene is from Texas but moved to Calgary,Alberta Canada. I haven't seen anything from her in years. Her step workouts were crazy hard.

Haven't seen much of Keli Roberts either.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Cathlete

Default charlene prickett

HI, I have not heard anything about Charlene in years. I liked Karen Voight (did you know she is Angelina Jolies have sister?), Gin Miller & Kathy Smith. I also very much liked Corey Everson's tapes.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Cathlete
Jane Royse's Profile Fields

Charlene Prickett is still around. She has some newer step workouts that she made with her daughter. Check her out at CharlenePrickett.com
Old 10-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Cathlete
josiespcah6ojsh's Profile Fields

charlene i bought and took back. too much talking for me. maybe i just picked the wrong one.jane fonda was the first one i tried and like.

laura
Old 10-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Cathlete
Peaceful Rainbow's Profile Fields

I used to do Charlene's workouts when she was on TV in the 80's and the talking was ok, because the shows were different, but I found with her videos that hearing the same chatter or and over was just too much. It is fantastic though that she's still out there making workouts.

Everything around us is made up of energy. To attract positive things in your life, start by giving off positive energy.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Cathlete
jgoycoolea's Profile Fields

Funny, I never knew Charlene Prickett, but did know and workout with the others.

What about Margaret Richards of The Body Electric? I used to really like her. She had a chest movement I still do but have never seen anyone else do. You just roll your shoulders into towards your chest and squeeze your chest muscles in a contraction, sort of looks like a bodybuilding pose. I sometimes tack these on at the end of a workout for that little extra oomph. Or I do them in ME instead of squeezing the ball. I also liked Margaret's standing oblique work. It is sort of funny to me now to think how I used to find some of her routines so challenging. I would be fun to try one now and see if it is in fact hard. Maybe I'd be surprised. Maybe if I used 10 pounds instead of the old 5's. Perhaps it was just the sheer length of the routine without stopping that made it challenging.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:55 AM
Cathlete
JT's Profile Fields

I try to save my Collage catalogues. Thinking about replacing my turquise/pink/purple step for Cathe's. It bought to mind of all the oldies.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Cathlete
Jazcam's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoycoolea View Post
Funny, I never knew Charlene Prickett, but did know and workout with the others.

What about Margaret Richards of The Body Electric? I used to really like her. She had a chest movement I still do but have never seen anyone else do. You just roll your shoulders into towards your chest and squeeze your chest muscles in a contraction, sort of looks like a bodybuilding pose. I sometimes tack these on at the end of a workout for that little extra oomph. Or I do them in ME instead of squeezing the ball. I also liked Margaret's standing oblique work. It is sort of funny to me now to think how I used to find some of her routines so challenging. I would be fun to try one now and see if it is in fact hard. Maybe I'd be surprised. Maybe if I used 10 pounds instead of the old 5's. Perhaps it was just the sheer length of the routine without stopping that made it challenging.

I used to workout withb Margaret too, back then when women did not workout with weights. She has a few dvds out.
http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...t-1-and-2-5848

Who ever God raises up no one can push down

Old 10-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Cathlete
CDPotier's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to CDPotier Send a message via Skype™ to CDPotier
Default I got rid

I threw out Charlene's DVD's because they were so boring. Perhaps I sold them on Ebay, and I can't remember.

>^,,^<
Old 10-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Cathlete
cataddict's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDPotier View Post
I threw out Charlene's DVD's because they were so boring. Perhaps I sold them on Ebay, and I can't remember.
That's a bit harsh and unkind, IMO. Her workouts were pretty forward thinking for her time--her show was on in the early 80s after all. It's definitely simple choreography and basic moves and they may be "boring" by today's standards, but she did a lot to promote fitness in that era. I got started into exercising doing her show and I'm still into it more than 20 years later!

I think she still does her winter adventures in the Rockies.

Oh, a side note, she is originally from Arkansas, not Texas, IIRC.
tbabcock likes this.