What works for you endomorphs ?

Cassadine86

Cathlete
I was wondering what my fellow endomorphs do for exercise and eating. What did you do to lose weight ? What works for you ?

.lisa

I think I might be an endomorph but I'm not sure. What's an endomorph?

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

I think I am probably an endo-meso. For me what "works" is just looking at the whole "thing" as a long haul. I follow the Weight Watchers plan, but I don't think that is the only plan that works. Basically really watching the calories in/calories out balance. I workout at least 5 days a week, and I do lots of cardio. I try to get in an hour of cardio a day. Because I am also part meso, I do gain muscle, and this is great because it does help with helping my body to look firmer. I will never be a small delicate girl. I am just not built like that. But I have lost about 83 pounds over the last 2 years. I am about 13 pounds from my goal.

That is wonderful, Ivory. Only 13 pounds to go, you must feel great!
I think I am also endo-meso and it was so good to read that you accept that you will never be a small delicate girl. I am small but lots of muscle and unfortunately a little fat left covering it all although I wear a size 5! I will never be one of those delicate small framed girls (usually these are seen constantly on television)
the sooner I accept I will never have that look the happier I will be.
I am going to try to up the cardio over these next couple of weeks and see what happens. Do you do moderate cardio or intense cardio for those 5 or more hours a week, or a combination?
Paula

I think that I'm between meso and endo too. When I'm fit, I'm hourglass shaped, when I gain weight I shift to being more of a pear. My legs can get quite muscular and I'm usually a size 10-12 even at my target weight.

What's working for me is following the Jenny Craig program, doing hour-long cardio sessions 2-3x a week (spinning, kickboxing); alternating upper and lower body training. I'm making good progress with arm strength but I'm not seeing the definition I want, so I think I'll change it up soon. Other than that, I'm happy with my progress.

I do a combination on the cardio. I do at least one interval workout, one circuit training, and lots of intense steady state. I probably should do one workout a week that is more of a recovery cardio, but I just don't feel like I am accomplishing much when I do this. BTW: I would put a size 5 in the small delicate girl category ;) I will probably end up an 8 or 10 when I am "done." Although I don't think I will ever be done. I will always be a work in progress.

I am only 5'3" so it's all relative.
The funny thing is when your "done" then you realize there is still more work to do, even if you don't necessarily want to "lose weight" or wear smaller clothes.
Paula

Weight Watchers and tons (I mean tons, usually 1 1/2 hours a day) of Cathe. Plus I teach yoga and swim laps twice a week. Basically, heavy exercise and very controlled eating is the only way I can be as slim as I want to be. I'm over 40 too though, so if you're younger you probably can get away with more (I sure did).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.