What they don't know.....

honeybunch1

Cathlete
...won't hurt 'em!

I made a Sausage Bean Stew (from my beloved Quick Cooking magazines) with veggie sausage, and an unsuspecting person (who would not doubt turned up his nose at voluntarily trying such a thing) had no idea I was feeding him soy, and thought it was good! I did NOT tell him my little secret!

Dr. Shapiro's books mentioned firemen getting hooked on veggie products, and now I believe him for sure!

Just Do It! :)

Oh how devious you are Honey!!! ;-)
Trevor :) :-jumpy
Go 24!

Oh absolutely!

I remember telling my hubby in early 2001 that for recipes calling for ground beef, I was going to substitute ground turkey. Well, he put up the biggest fuss! "Blah, blah, blah...yak, yak, yak!" So I tell him, "okay dear, no problem, it was just a suggestion, that's all!"

Did it anyway, and he's been eating ground turkey in his chili, lasagna, fajitas, taco casserole, meatballs, and 1/2 turkey,1/2 ground beef hamburgers since May 2001! He doesn't have a clue! :)

Donna

Fitness~ it's a journey, not a race!

Oh, Donna & HB,

You are both sooooooooo funny and such a tonic !!!!!!!!! :7

My DH quite happily accepts the fact that the only meat he gets in casseroles, bologneses, sausages, etc, etc is soya. But years ago he wouldn't of gone near the stuff. I can remember the first time I used TVP mince, way back in 1999, I made a chilli, and afterwards I said to him, did you really enjoy it ? Because all the way through the meal he kept saying how good his dinner was. He replied 'Oh, Yes ! It was delicious !'. I said Good, that means I will be re-purchasing soya mince again in the future. He couldn't believe it tasted so good. He tried to make the soya mince sound bad by saying it caused him to fart uncontrollably, but he does that anyway.......

Anna :)

Hi Carol!

First of all, thank you for the mincemeat recipes! Could you tell me what company makes the Soy sausage you like so well?

Deb

Hi Honeybunch,

I can't get Boca burgers where I live but can get Morningstar Farms. For anyone who has not tried them they are great. One of my favorite meals!!!

Winter

I once made a bunch of chili for a group of friends, using seitan (wheat gluten) instead of meat. One person who tried it, and loved it, INSISTED that I MUST have put meat in it. I kept telling her that I'd been a vegetarian for many years and that it wasn't meat. I don't think she ever believed me!

Hey, he'll get healthy in spite of himself! Can't beat that! I got him to start taking vitamins and he NEVER gets sick, after years of colds that wouldn't go away.

See, you live with me and you get healthy. That is how I get away with displaying my collection of fake food on the dining room table. ;-)

Just Do It! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.