Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

What other websites do you love??

This is a discussion on What other websites do you love?? within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Aside from working out, one of my other interests is decorating. I love Houzz.com for decorating ideas. It's such a ...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Tinker's Profile Fields

Default What other websites do you love??

Aside from working out, one of my other interests is decorating. I love Houzz.com for decorating ideas. It's such a cool website. Just curious - what other websites do you find interesting (either fitness-related or not). Thanks.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Hi Tinker,
Thats interesting question. I have no clue what i like anymore. I dont have much talents but id love to find something.. The only intersst i know of besides fitness is music, and i am trying to find a way to paint and redecorate my bedroom on a budget. I might want to do gardning again but tried here in the south carolinas and its sandy here. I cant grow anything. And im thinking of becoming a vegatarian. So id be happy to hear others ideas because i need to get a life ! Lol..
tralaiven likes this.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Cathlete
tralaiven's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneePruitt View Post
Hi Tinker,
Thats interesting question. I have no clue what i like anymore. I dont have much talents but id love to find something.. The only intersst i know of besides fitness is music, and i am trying to find a way to paint and redecorate my bedroom on a budget. I might want to do gardning again but tried here in the south carolinas and its sandy here. I cant grow anything. And im thinking of becoming a vegatarian. So id be happy to hear others ideas because i need to get a life ! Lol..

Hi Renee, it sounds like you actually DO have a lot of interests!!!

I would love to visit South Carolina! I will bet there are a lot of great sights to see there!

As for websites...some of the best ones I have visited have been because of suggestions from all the great people here!

I like:

http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals...ightdailypath/
This is a site that gives a compilation of a daily Bible reading that was put together in the 18th century....wonderful.

www.dailyhiit.com

This is the old BodyRock website. It gives you daily hiit exercises and routines.

Sweat is for those who know it's a choice.

Last edited by tralaiven; 02-06-2013 at 06:13 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Well i thought she meant something we do like decorating.. I should reread that lol.. I do have a website i go to for music, u buy playlist to jog by and u have tons to choose from, u get a free"credit " every month and it, cost only one or two "credits" i think it is two for playlist for 60 min or more. they had alot for the 80s. Its called rockmyrun.com

Last edited by ReneePruitt; 02-06-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Cathlete

Send a message via AIM to maddiesmum

amazon.com to read book reviews

zappos.com to browse shoes, sandals, sneakers

bodenusa.com for fab clothes for every season, always with some kind of discount code and usually free shipping

publishersweekly.com to read about new book releases

thefryecompany.com to drool over all the fabulous leather boots and dream about another purchase

So, we conclude, apart from fitness, I love clothes, shoes and books!

Clare
Old 02-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

-Cracked.com (SO FUNNY!)
-Amazon.ca (I'm Canadian) and Amazon.com
-Bodybuilding.com
-Chapter's Indigo.ca (Canada's on-line book store)
-Pinterest
-Shape.com and Self.com (health/fitness magazines)
-Wonderwall.msn.com (to see what celebrities are up to )
-youtube
-proteinpow.com (recipes)
-Kraftcanada.com (recipes)
-Songza (awesome music playlists! A MUST)

My love after fitness? (actually, even before fitness ) FOOD!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

I love videofitness.com! I spend a good chunk of my computer time hopping between here and there!

Since I'm also a tv junkie, when some of my favorite shows are on (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Homeland, Game of Thrones etc etc) I like to go to two sites: TelevisionwithoutPity.com and Reddit.com. I also like A.V. Club, Grantland, EW.com and several other media sites.

I also love to check out WebMD.com and ScienceDaily for health and science news. I'm a total science nerd. I'm always buying Discover and Scientific American magazines. DH always complains that I should just get a subscription already. I also love Archaeology magazine. Besides fitness, I love reading about archaeology, anthropology, evolution and neurobiology.

For recipes, I love allrecipes.com. I haven't had to buy a cookbook in years!

I love Swansons.com to browse for supplements and Amazon.com for pretty much all my other online shopping!

DH and I love to look on vrbo.com for vacation rentals. It's awesome! Thousands of rentals buy homeowners across the country. Want to stay at a house with a pool in Florida? There are thousands listed on that site! We'll never stay at a hotel again!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by cokonkel; 02-07-2013 at 07:35 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Catheite

For people who like fiber arts/crafts (knitting, crochet, weaving, spinning) Ravelry.com is great. A lot of discussion forums you can join. Bisides related craft ones, I belong to a yoga one, that fairly active. The other fitness ones (other than weight loss) don't seem to be very active.

Also can see projects others have done, lots of free patterns and probably a lot of other things I have not explored.
soozies likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Tinker's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneePruitt View Post
Hi Tinker,
Hi ReneePruitt,
You might want to check out houzz.com for decorating ideas. You can set up an "ideabook" to save the pics that you like - no more ripped out magazine pics that seem to pile up and eventually get tossed out! BTW, I can't grow anything either and it's not the soil here, just me
Old 02-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Tinker's Profile Fields

Colleen,
I love videofitness.com too! I'm usually over there several times a day checking in to see what's goin on. Also like recipes.com. I plan on using their video to make my first turkey this weekend!