What is the most spontaneous thing you've ever done??

momto2bratz

Cathlete
I was in the midst of planning my wedding and was getting very stressed. I called the travel agent and booked tickets to leave in 2 days to get married in Las Vegas. We got married at The Candlelight Wedding Chapel. Our best friends came with us. We had such a blast!! We did have a party with our immediate family and friends when we returned home. Anyone here ever do anything spur of the moment or have been spontaneous??

Aila:)

I can't compete with getting married during lunch LOL. I'm such a planner/scheduler that spontaneous is sort of a foreign word to me. The most spontaneous thing I ever did was to decide on a Thursday night that I would go to Seattle for weekend, leaving the next day. That was over the top for me.

I almost spontaneiously quit my job last week, but luckily the planner in me didn't let that happen.

Shelbygirl

Well, an hour ago I phoned my academic supervisor and quit my thesis........that I've been working on for 9 years.

Free as a bird,
Sandra
(happier than a.......well, whatever is really happy:)

I've never done anything spontaneous (I plan everything). And I just wanted to say that I envy all of you who are spontaneous. I wish I could be like that but it scares the poop out of me. My idea of spontaneous is deciding to eat out for lunch instead of eating what I brought. UGH!! I am so boring.

Kimbra

I'm definitely with Kimbra on this one. Can't think of a single thing but admire the rest of you.

Wendy:)

I'm with Kimbra and Wendy! Another planner here. My childhood was too unstable and I love it that I am organized and prepared. However I do admire you spontaneous people.

RE: What is the most spontaneous thing you've ever done...

Awww Aila,

I always feel bad for the women who's wedding planning stresses them that badly. I actually had a blast planning my wedding! It wasn't stress free but I definately had more good times than bad...unfortunately I think I am in the minority...:-(

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~
Due Date: 5/19/05

http://www.bullmarketer.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/Sports/exercise/thumb_exercise15.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

Me spontaneous!?!? Well, I'll jot it in my calender to check back and consider if there is anything to report:p x( :p No! pre-plan, pre-plan, pre-plan.

Sandra, quit your thesis after 9 years? Sounds like you are really happy about it.....congratulations on the decision then!

Well, recently I booked a trip to Yosemite on the spur of the moment thing. I was talking to my roommate earlier this week and said, hey, I just had a dream about hiking Upper Yosemite Falls. Wanna go over Memorial Day weekend? She said yes and I booked the hotel and airplane that day! She called her bestfriend and asked her to go as well. So, now three of us are going. That's about the closest spantaneous thing I've done!

I did a similar thing with DH and a trip to Egypt a couple of years ago. I read an article in "Frommer's Budget Travel" that had deal on a trip, and asked DH if he was game. He said "yes", so I booked it before either one of us had the chance to change our mind.

We had a great time!

What a great thread! Wish I could contribute but I'm a planner as well--I'm so bad that on Sunday nights I know exactly what I'm wearing the following Friday AND Friday night. :p

I have to say I cant repeat the most spontaneous thing I've done }( }( }( .But it was a long time ago ,and I'm a planner now :) :) Think of busting out any day though}( }( :) :) LOL

Im can be spontaneous although it has backfired on me "badly"

And because I have NO shame, heres the last spontaneous (back fire) thing I did

Dressed ONLY in a long coat, stockings and heels, I made a spontanious visit late at night to my DH office. (yeah! I watch tooooo many movies)

(can you quess where this is going?)

Now DH is a creature of habit, and always works to a certain time at night, alone.........ALWAYS!

But of course, NOT THIS NIGHT. There had been an last minute meeting called so in his office were 3 other men.

My plan, thus, being cancelled rather abruptly

What was even worse, was that his office was so stinking hot, sweat beads starting forming on my forehead........very sexy(not) and because it was ovious to everyone how hot I was, they kept asking if I wanted to remove my coat!
I just left them to it and went home feeling a little silly.

NEVER again have I tryed that one

And one spontanious one that DID work was when the kids were still living at home, and I woke them up early early one Saturday morning because I was sick of the cold weather, so I decided we were going to drive to some Hot Pools.

The kids werent impressed because the closest Hot Pools were 5 hours drive away. But gee that was a great day, and spending a couple of hours sitting in hot swirling water on a freezing day, was just what the doctor ordered.

Marion

:)

Great thread Alia!!!!

LOL at most of you! And Marion, as usual you came through!!! i have had alot of sponteneity (gasp):eek: in my life, but since Marion went gutter slut on us, i'll follow suit. when dh and i first started daing, we had just finished "the act" and wanted to me drinks, so we jumped in the truck top go to the liquor store and i only wore the sheet. he grined the whole way there and back. he was shocked really and it was pretty funny}(

jes

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.