What food do you like stale?

fit44

Cathlete
Ok, so the Halloween forum is really picking up as the countdown to Halloween begins.
Someone posted they like year old candy corn!!! They say it tastes better a year later. I really don't want to know what's in them. I've never tried it, and I guess this is something you have to plan for.

I do LOVE stale peeps! Thank goodness they have peeps for every holiday. I open them up and let them get nice and firm. They're just so darn chewy stale!!
Of course, I only eat these on my cheat days;)

What's your favorite stale food?:p

My mom loves Peeps that way too! She will open the plastic and just let them sit out! I like my Twizzlers a little stale myself. I like them chewy not soft. :)

I can honestly say I don't like any food stale. I am not a peeps lover at all...YUCK. There, now I can relate to those Peanut Butter/ice cream haters. :D

Enjoy your stale peeps ladies.

I can't think of anything I like stale but I can tell you one thing I hate stale...graham crackers :confused: That comes to mind only b/c last week at my mom's I bit into one...yuck!

Chastity

LOL all the stuff we like stale is stuff that has probably more preservatives in it than the rest of what we eat combined!

I agree with the candy corn and the candy pumpkins and the peeps.

And, we haven't mentioned, but movie popcorn is delish the next day.

OMG now I have to go hurl as this is not a good breakfast thread!!! ;)

My brother loves to buy a bag of Oreo cookies, rip them open, and let them sit like that for a day or two. I laughed at him the first time I saw that, but I had to admit that the now soft Oreos weren't that bad. :p

I completely forgot about day old, cold pizza!
My DH and DS love cold spaghetti- yuck!

I love day old Taco Bell bean burittos. I heat them up though.:cool: Baked beans taste better the day after too.

My brother loves to buy a bag of Oreo cookies, rip them open, and let them sit like that for a day or two. I laughed at him the first time I saw that, but I had to admit that the now soft Oreos weren't that bad. :p

Oreos get soft when they go stale?

I wouldn't consider it stale but my mom's macaroni salad always tastes better the next day...YUM!!

I've tried to make it myself many times but it never tastes as good ;)

Chastity

Well, not stale, but I like popcorn that is slightly burnt -- not charred mind you, just slightly burnt. And whoever asked what peeps are, I say count your lucky stars that you don't know! ;)

Well, not stale, but I like popcorn that is slightly burnt -- not charred mind you, just slightly burnt. And whoever asked what peeps are, I say count your lucky stars that you don't know! ;)

Oh Lorie!!!
I can't handle the smell of burnt popcorn from the microwave! I don't know about tasting it. :eek:

I wouldn't consider it stale but my mom's macaroni salad always tastes better the next day...YUM!!

I've tried to make it myself many times but it never tastes as good ;)

Chastity

OMG, I'm the same way with my Mom's macaroni salad and tuna salad! I LOVE it the next day!

Oh, and I've given up trying to replicate hers. Mine will never be as good!:(

Oh Lorrie, I am so with you on the burnt popcorn. I will purposely set the microwave for a few seconds longer to get it just right. Of course I have to do this when DH isn't home, because he doesn't like it that way. At the movies, I love it when I find some of the kernels at the bottom of the bag have been burnt just right. Kind of 1/2 popped and really tasty.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.