We should be so thankful

lorihart

Cathlete
I am playing with the computer,while the American news is on behind me.They are talking about Iraq,of course.
I just can not beleive that some parts of the world are so out of control.The killings and war are normal to these people.Its sad that people have to be born in that country.
Can you imagine dying b/c you voted?
I know that there are lots of innocent people and children in these countries but sometimes I wonder, why not leave them alone? Its just doesn't seem right that your country loses so many men to make peace in other countries and do they ever get anywhere with it? Is it ever worth it? It just seems like an endless battle.
We complain about the little stuff but atleast we live in a civilaized country where we feel safe.
Lori:)

I am with you. It is sad that some people really don't care because they are not the ones suffering the horrors of war in real life.

It just seems to be going on and on.I know in Canada that our men go to forgein countries and do peace keeping but its not like this (i don't think) No one ever dies(that I know of)I have a brother-in-law in the military and my sisters husbands brother is in the military.He did is time with Peacekeeping but it was never dangerous.He just didn't like leaving his family.
It just seem as if these people are use to the killings and the war and we are trying to change their lives.And its great if thats what they want but do they even know any better?I know it is sad and I am not saying that they don't deserve peace b/c they do.I am just saying that they only ones suffering here are the American families who are losing these men.When will it ever stop?
Lori

Lori,

I'm so glad someone else brought this up. Everytime I hear the escalating numbers of casualties, it sickens me. I don't think it will end until President Bush is out of office and yes, I believe it will continue on until this point because it's his war.

Truth is, the culture in this part of the world is so different from ours, it would take hundreds of years before they would embrace our ideas of democracy. I believe the educated people in Iraq understand but the uneducated are filled with fear and hatred. They see us as having invaded their country, trying to change their ideals and way of life. Now that no WMD have been found, it makes it so much worse. The US appears to be a lying, manipulative, hateful country to the majority of them.

They are fighting for their country and way of life. They have much more at stake then we do so they are going to fight until they get back what belongs to them.

I don't know what the answer is but I don't think it's war, IMHO.

If you look at the history of the US military, our greatest losses (other than our own civil war) have happened when we are "peacekeeping", occupying or a limited police action in some foreign country.

When we have an all out, no holds barred action our military is second to none.

If you are hell bent on starting a war, you start the war with the end in sight. Before you enter you need the exit strategy.

I found it ironic that with all the rap, rock, country stars, the Nascar drivers even the wrestling athletes prompting the youth to vote only 12 pct of the 18 - 25 yr olds voted. With so much to lose with a war on, you think they'd been lined around the polls.

My prayers go out to all servicemen and women amd the families that await their return.

Dave

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.