Valhalla, I am coming!!!

Ooh! Thanks TeTe! I will watch this. I picked up the CD from Starbucks and I really like it. They sound amazing together and it's just nice to hear something different. He has done some really awesome things since the end of Led Zeppelin. Unfortunately, most of Jimmy Page's stuff since then has failed to wow me even through I would consider him one of the best guitarists ever. And John Paul Jones just does whatever suits him which is way cool.

And of course there is Duane Allman and Jimi Hendrix and Jon Scofield....and..... <runs off for a music fix>

and my favorite, Richard Thompson. "Shoot out the Lights" blows me away!!!!!!(AND, Richard was in Fairport Convention with Sandy Denny, who had an affair with Jimmy Page and sang on some songs with LZ...ah, we come full circle!)

I discovered Fairport Convention a few years ago and I absolutely love their 60s, early 70s tunes.
I also discovered Jake Holmes, the originator of Dazed and Confused...the whole record is the bomb diggity I cannot believe it is far more obscure than his later works "Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?"

That's a hoot! But it's kind of like how Loudoun Wainwright III has created some amazing stuff (including his son, Rufus), but the only hit he ever had was "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road!!"

I'm going to have to check out Jake Holmes, sounds interesting.

If you like Fairport, you really should check out some of Richard's latest work. "Old Kit Bag" is a wonderful album; his voice and guitar playing just get better with age. The song "Outside of the Inside" scares the hell out of me. I think you'd appreciate it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.