Upper body workout

I 2nd Pyramid Upper Body :eek:.

-STS Meso 2

-4 Day Split

I heard Gym Styles is excellent, but I don't own them...yet ;).

Natasha

I second Pyramid Upper Body: just did it on Tuesday and it gave me DOMS for four days! Not even STS can do that for me.

Upper body workout question

For those of you that recomended pyrimid upper body workout....how many times a week do you recomend doing it and do you stay with the same weights the Cathe and the crew do for ths workout? The reason I'm asking is because I've been doing the pyrimid workouts once per week and the weights that Cathe and the crew use seem a little on the light side. Will I get results using the lighter weights even dough they don't challenge me? Thanks!

lulu68 said:
For those of you that recomended pyrimid upper body workout....how many times a week do you recomend doing it and do you stay with the same weights the Cathe and the crew do for ths workout? The reason I'm asking is because I've been doing the pyrimid workouts once per week and the weights that Cathe and the crew use seem a little on the light side. Will I get results using the lighter weights even dough they don't challenge me? Thanks!

Oh my! On the light side? Gawd when I read all these post about cathe llifting light. Or someone says they went heavier then Cathe it really makes me feel ..... out of shape! Eek! Nice job! Sounds like you r doiing good!

Last edited:

I did Pyramid Upper Body this morning and was reminded of your comment/question here, so thought I'd come back and give you my thoughts.

In my opinion, the weights are too light with some of the moves. For instance, in the shoulders sequence, I heavy up from what she's using. She uses 3's, 5's and 8's. I use 6.6's, 8's and 10's. Also, in the triceps section, when she's doing kickbacks, she uses 3's, 5's and 10's. I use 8's, 10's and 12's.

Having said that, the rest of the workout I use what she uses. I could probably go a bit heavier on the lat rows, but see no reason to since I'm using those weights for the overhead tricep press. For the chest presses and pec flies, the 12's feel really light, but by the time I'm using 20 lbs to do a pec fly, I'm toast! Also, with the bicep and hammer curls, if I am paying really close attention to form, those 10's, 12's and 15's are definitely heavy enough. I noticed that when they get to the 15's, Cedie's form suffers and I try to pay special attention to mine and make sure I am keeping my elbows straight down and close to my body. It's amazing how much harder it is with the exact right form.

I, too, recommend PUB. If you lift weights heavy enough for YOU you will get good results! I only use 5's, 8's, and 10's for my biceps-and feel it plenty! PUB is my favorite because it has no pushups and gets a lot done in not too long a time. Sometimes I'll put my step on an incline for chest. Sometimes I'll do lying extensions in place of kickbacks. Sometimes I'll change the three shoulder exercises. I like the format of the program.

Beth

PUB

If I do PUB for a month (1 or 2 twice a week), I track the weight I use, then incrementally increase throughout the month as I feel stronger.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.