Top ten non-cathe videos!

nik13

Cathlete
I love videos, especially Cathe's, but would love to know what other tapes top your list. I am in the market for some other instructor's tapes for variety.

How about it ladies, can you give me your favorite non-cathe tapes.

Nikki

P.S. Cathe,
I hope this doesn't offend you. I have all your tapes and you are my favorite instructor. I am just looking for variety.
Your the best!

If I would have to pick a non-Cathe video, it would be Intense Moves by Gin Miller!! In fact, I rotate between Intense Moves and Imax alot!! IM is just a little bit shorter than IMAX, and just a touch easier, but not too much!! That's my favorite non-Cathe video!

Aimee

I like Kathy Smith's "Power Step" Workout. Not to be confused with her "Step workout" which I didn't like. Power Step is much better. I also like Kathy Smith's "Great Buns and Thighs" video. Those were my introductions to step. Although I'm used to Cathe intensity now, I can still get a good sweat with these, but not feel wiped out afterwards. (Let's face it, some days you're just not up to Cathe intensity!!)

Have fun!

Lisa

I have to vote for Weights III (www.flexcity.com). This is a great Total Body Strength training video, and is about the same length as MIS, but the only equipment used is dumbbells (and some stretch bands in the warm-up/cool down). It can be very challenging if you use heavy weights....

I also have to vote for:
Gin Miller's Intense Moves,
Tony Little's Target Training video for abs,
:08 minute Abs, and
CIA Powerbar Training

I love Christi Taylor, but her choreography is kind of tough sometimes. I like that because I like to think when I'm working out; I get bored easily. My favorite one of hers is Happy Hour Hi/Lo for floor aerobics, and CIA 9801 has both step and hi/lo.

I also like Kari Anderson's tapes, but she's pretty dancy, as well. Mindy Mylrea is good and tough with more athletic type moves than either of the other instructors I mentioned.

For weight tapes, besides Cathe, I like The Firm. It took me a while to like them because their tapes are kind of goofy sometimes, but they are great workouts.

Have you checked out www.videofitness.com for some other suggestions. You can find many, many different instructors there. Hope this helps.

Emily :)

This is fun!

Let's see.......
Mindy Mylrea's Action Packed and Energy Action Circuit
Christi Taylor 9801 hi/lo and Step Heaven
CIA 2102 Powerbar Training
Those are the first ones to come to mind!:)
Deb

RE: This is fun!

My vote would be for Gin Miller's Intense Moves and CIA's Power Bar Training.

My Candidates

Mindy Mylrea Extreme Intervals and Pump Party 2101
Kelly Roberts Step ( I like the music)
Firm Vol 1, 2 ,3
Firm Strongbody and Strongheart
Mindy Mylrea Slammin' Sports Cardio

Here's my list:

The FIRM: The Tortoise, Firm Cardio, Firm Strength, Better Body and Buns, Standing Legs, Time Crunch & Super Sculpting.

Christi Taylor: Step Heaven

Yoga Journal's Yoga Practice For Strength

I have all 12 Tae-bo tapes including the newest Tae-bo II Get Ripped series and I really love Volumes 2,4,6,8,12 and both get ripped tapes. I really enjoy Gin Millers Intense Moves too. Amy Jo

I have all the TaeBo advanced live tapes and love them (try to do 3 each week). Do you think that the get ripped tapes are different enough to buy when I have the other 12? I went to his website and it looks like you have to buy the whole set (basic, 8-minute, etc) which sounds a lot like the original sets. Thanks!

Hmmm diggin here for some goodies for you! I'll have to start off where I started and dabble here and there with in my rotations!
Firm Vol 1 Susan harris(luv her floor work)
Firm Vol 3 Sandahl Bergan (total body toning)
Standing Legs(killer leg w/o)
Strong Body and Strong heart(2 cross trainers)
Gin Miller Intense Moves
Karen Voight great weighted w/o
Keli Roberts Straight up Sculpt
Mindy Mylrea slamming sports cardio
Weights 3 (very outdated set, use heavy weights and very effective)

Wouldn't it be great if Cathe came out with a 6 day workout routine annually? She can continually challenge us and give us the variety that we need!(can't blame a girl for trying!huh?)Your friend in fitness-Francine

I know it's hard to find good videos that aren't by Cathe, but can anyone else give us some opinions?

Here's some non-Cathe's that I really like:

Cory Everson - Basic Sculpting Series - CST & BBA (don't like the abs, though)
Christi Taylor - Hi/lo Heaven
Gin Miller - Intense Moves
The Firm - Bootcamp and Lower Body Split

Erica

I like Karen Voight's Energy Sprint. As an interval workout it increased my cardiovascular fitness to a level where I felt I could tackle a Cathe video and survive :)

I like Energy Sprint also. I know Karen Voight's laid-back style doesn't appeal to everyone, but I like it. And there's this one overweight gal in the cast--the pretty blonde--whom I find very motivating. She really sails through the workout and I always tell myself, "If she can do it, I have no excuse for wimping out!"

Laura

Hello,

I like The Firm, "Tough Tape". I've tried other of FIrm tapes but dont' really care for them. They don't motivate me like Cathe does. :)

Also like Karen Voight "Great Weighted Work-out"

I'm just loving Cathe's work outs. I got thru Body Max for the first time today. Well, I had to fudge on a couple spots, but man it was great!! What a work out.

Kerri :)

RE: Ditto

Some of us "overweight gals" would rather not see comments like this here. I know plenty of thin people who could not begin to complete Energy Sprint. Please don't equate fitness with body weight. Body composition is only one element.

Sigh...my first day here and already I feel unwelcome.

RE: Ditto

Hi Jenzy,

Please don't feel unwelcome here...the people here are wonderful & supportive. I'm sure nobody meant to insult anyone...and I can say that because I'm an overweight gal myself! (Check out the weight loss check-in thread.) Tell us about yourself...what workouts do you like to do? Have you used Cathe's? :)

Original thread question: anything by Karen Voight or Mindy or Donna Richardson. I also like Gilad & Margaret Richard.

Ruth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.