There's a moron on eBay!!

luvtorun

Cathlete
I was just over on eBay and someone is selling a Firm video tape with a bonus... get this .... of 17 Cathe Friedrich workouts, all copied on separate VHS from the original workouts. All good quality copies.

This is actually in his description!!!!!! Can you believe this!!!?? What an idiot!

I wonder if Ebay will even do anything about it? It's supposed to be illegal to sell copies, but they don't seem to crack down on that at all.

"Scofflaw" is what the person is!

They'd better do something! I made a VERY INNOCENT mistake in one of my listings a couple of weeks ago...far less than what this person is doing...and sure as anything my auction was removed for it with in a couple of days!!! You know you can report it to Ebay to make sure they are aware as well....

I think you have to send a complaint to ebay on that person. I doubt they would have the resources to check every single item that is offered for sale so they rely on the consumers to help them out.

Susan

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I did some looking around the eBay site and finally found where I could report this. I have reported it to eBay.

I reported this auction as well - It made me mad that they are taking advantage of all of Cathe's hardwork and not giving her credit. I have it on my watch list to see if they do anything about it!

Oh, by the way. I've been reading these forums for awhile now, but not really participating in the messages until this made me mad enough to want to reply and offer my support. I look forward to more interaction with everyone in the future!

Gina:)

Hey Gina.. welcome aboard, so glad you decided to join us. I am watching this creep also to see if they take him off but so far they haven't!! I am floored they aren't doing something about this but with Christmas, it may take longer.

I do buy some of my Cathe workouts on eBay but I know I am buying them from someone who has bought it from Cathe and Cathe was compensated for it. I am just buying it from someone who doesn't want it anymore or found it wasn't their cup of tea.

They'd better cancel this auction soon or I'm going to re-report it every hour on the hour!

>They'd better cancel this auction soon or I'm going to
>re-report it every hour on the hour!

Well. according to the disclaimer at the start of every video and DVD, making copies is a federal offense, investigated by the FBI. Wonder if you could report this to THEM? Send them the link, and mention that the person is obviously making copies of copywrited materials.

It's gone. I just looked after I posted on this thread and it isn't there any more. Hopefully eBay sent a stern warning about. I wonder if the person actually knew what he was doing was wrong because it was so blatant. He actually had a picture of the stack of Maxwell brand VHS tapes that he'd taped the 17 workouts on in the description along with what was copied on each DVD. You have to wonder if he actually even knew it was illegal or thought because he was offering then as a "free" bonus, it wasn't illegal since he was technically selling The Firm w/o and "giving" the Cathe workouts as a free bonus.

You have to wonder if he actually
>even knew it was illegal or thought because he was offering
>then as a "free" bonus,

i have seen these auctions with the "free" bonus. its a stupid book to get you to be a best seller. i have seen alot of those auctions. i believe he also had workouts on dvd of denise austin that were never put on dvd and never had any intention to be put on dvd. i didn't get it either i just don't bother with ebay mostly b/c of paypal anymore.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Hey, Great Job everyone who helped, we got his auction cancelled!! Jane, I was with you - I was also going to report him numerous times as well!

Gina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.