Target (coming to Canada)

mini-natty

Cathlete
Hello everyone!

Canada is getting it's very first Target stores within the next few months (one right near my house). I am not familiar with it and was wondering how you guys like it. Is it comparable to Wal-Mart? How are the prices?

Natasha

Natty, I LOVE Target! Target online is totally different than the store too. Some prices with Target tend to be a bit higher but, IMO, the product lines are better than Walmart.
When I first started working out, Target would carry the latest and the greatest VHS tapes of Keli Roberts, Jane Fonda, etc. The online store does carry some Cathe stuff too.
All of my new house accessories to match my new floors were all purchased from Target. The mega stores carries groceries.

Love Target! Good prices, a much better atmosphere and their own product lines are great. I rarely go to Walmart but frequently visit Target. All those famous designers who put out clothing lines for Target are fun too.

I prefer Target over Walmart, Target has a better store brand. Target is more expensive on price but they seem to carry better quality items. Plus, shopping at Target, you don't have to worry about someone displaying your picture at the People of Walmart site.:eek:

If you're going to just get groceries, I say go to Walmart. If you want an overall shopping experience, then choose Target. I tend to buy mostly clothes, home decor and health/beauty items from Target. I love Sonia Kushak's make-up line, they have good deals on plain t-shirts and even their workout clothes are cute. Lots of eye candy in the home decor section, too. It seems they stay on-trend with what is "in" right now, which I appreciate. If you can get there before everything is picked over, you can often find great deals in the clearance section, too. I bought a super cute pair of PJ's in early January for $7.00, a workout hoodie for $5.00 and so forth. Oh! And I love their kids' clothes. Super cute. There's actually two Targets in my metro area, so if one store doesn't have what I'm looking for (or it gets picked over) then I will make the trek to the other one. I agree, some of the prices are higher, but others are lower, so I think it's a wash. Quality is definitely better than Walmart though. I'm at Target at least once a week, sometimes more. No joke. So if that's not proof of how much I like Target I don't know what is! :p

I love Target! I used to say I could smell a Target a mile away :D I buy lots of my clothing basics for each season there. I think I'm at the one by my house at least once a week. I get lots of home cleaning and organization stuff there as well as health and beauty stuff. Their store brand is great In fact, their version of Aveeno Positively Smooth shaving gel is the only kind I buy, as well as a couple other things, like baby wipes, eye makeup remover, etc...

Let's put it this way: I can't go in without buying way more than I intended ;)

Target rocks!! I much prefer Target to Walmart. Their grocery prices are a bit higher, but you get a better quality product. I rarely go to Walmart and do most of my shopping between Target, Safeway and the farmer's market. Target has a way of getting away from you...you go in for one thing, and you leave with three baskets full!

I know that Walmart carries some fresh organic veggies. Does anyone know if Target has an organic section?

Mine does. It's not a section by itself, but things that are organic are marked as being so. For example, the organic green onions are shelved next to the regular ones.

Love Target!!! Absolutely HATE Walmart!!!!

Target has an amazing selection of exercise stuff too!!!!:eek:

I'm so happy for you! I would hate to be without Target, or as it is often called "Tar-zhay," our favorite little French boutique.

Great stuff at great prices. Way better than Walmart, but now you'll get to see that for yourself. :).

<=== Another Target lover! Prices really are comparable, I mean 1.99 (target) vs. 1.97 (Walmart), it is worth the .02 to go to the better store. :)

as most have said....i love target....and as others have said they may have slightly higher prices, but i think the quality of their products is superior to wal-mart....and i don't hate wal-mart b/c i actually shop at wal-mart quite a bit......but i do love target....and i love their fitness dvd selection (at least most of the time).....that's actually where i got most of my jillian dvd's from:)

I don't think there's anything wrong with Wal-Mart. I save a LOT of $$ at Wal-Mart.

That said, Target is also good. It just depends on what I'm looking for. Both places have their strengths!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.