Summer Fitness Challenge Jan 31-Feb 6

lorihart

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies,
Gotta get use to this shift work stuff! I thought I would workout last night when I got home but I was just to tired.So I need a good....long....workout today.That will make me happy:) I also need to catch up on laundry and housework.There is more house work then laundry.
The new job is pretty good.I can't say I love it b/c I don't love anything until I am totally comfy with it.I think I am so tired b/c my brain as been taking lots of info in,in the last couple of days.I know that they don't expect me to know everything right away, but I expect to know everything.Its sort of a hands on job as well so until I get at it, I may be confused.
Where I am working they have an ice cream bar and I don't even like ice cream that much but I have been craving it every since I started there.Its crazy.For the most party eating as been pretty good.
Finishing up my old job is strange.I think for a while I will be thinking that I am suppose to be at my old job.I was in a rut for 6 yrs so why wouldn't I?
There is nothing worse then comming home and people calling me.I got home Sat night and the phone rang about 3 times.All of these conversations would have taken an hour each.Then the samething again last night.When I get off from this job, i just DO NOT want to be on the phone when I get home.I need down time.
Anyway,thats my new job.I think I am really going to enjoy it when I get into it, but for now, I am just liking it,
I will check back later,
FFD-I hope you are feeling better!
Lori
:)

Hi everyone!!!!!

FFD- I hope you are felling better today. I do not enjoy being sick at all. You sound really sick.

I weighed and measured today, and I am so happy. In the last month, I have lost 5.5 lbs., lost 3/4" off all of my body except my stomach, I lost 1"!!!! In the last 2 weeks, I lost 1 more lb., making a total of 5.5 all together. I was REALLY happy with that 1 lb. because last weekend before my period, I gorged my body with food. So, 1 lnb. made me very happy.

I am going to do another week of Cathe's Aug. rotation, and hope by the weekend, my Hardcore's are here!!!!!!!!!
Lori

I am embarrased to say this, but that is what will motivate me this week: Last week was a complete disaster. I got an F on eating, a C on water intake, a C on taking vitamins, and another F on working out.

For the working out part, at least I have an excuse. Didn't workout at all. Still recovering from the Flu, and my daughters catched it too. Today I have 99.3 temperature. Not so high but it doesn't seem to end. I didn't workout because I didn't feel energetic, but also because what I read on another thread that is a good idea to rest instead of pushing yourself when you are not feeling good.

On a positive note: I received BS/BF DVD!!!!

Hi ladies,

Am home today from work, but luckily feeling much better than yesterday. That was awful!

Lorihart - your new job isn't going to interfere with your working out, is it?

Lorisax - I am so happy for you! You (and I) were getting frustrated there for awhile, glad we both found strategies that got us off our plateaus! I just need to remember to weigh to see where I am...

Mariela, I like the way you graded yourself for various goals. I may start doing that for real..

I'll check back in when I have actually accomplished a workout!

Good Morning Ladies,

Well I finally got back into working out this past weekend. Saturday-Imax2, Sunday-Bodymax, and this morning was leaner legs and abs.

LoriSax-I'm planning on doing freestyle training again also. I need a lot more cardio training for my body type. It's hard for me to fit in all the leg work and upper body-cardio etc. I'm thinking of reviewing the August rotation and modifying it for me. Hopefully Cathe will post the Feb rotation so I can mix and match.

LoriHart-hope you like your new job. You will start feeling more comfortable as time goes by.

FFD-glad you are starting to feel better. Counting my blessings here, as I don't get sick hardly ever.

Have a great day everyone.

Diana

HI Gals,
Thanks guys.I think I will get more comfy in everything as time goes by.
I don't think it will interfer as I get use to the different hours.Im hoping! I think when my body adjust everything will fall into place.If I want I can always get up in the morning and do a quick run.
Well...I have been a dirt bag all day.I have been just lounging around and haven't down much.I am going to workout shortly and try to get to bed early.I have to work tomorrow morning but then I am off for the rest of the day.
I will chat later,
Lori:)

Hi everyone!

Well, once again, I completely blew it this week. I have such good intentions and do good until the kids get home from school...then I nibble until bedtime. UGH! ...not good! Tomorrow is another day and I'll start again. I did get finished with a project I had to do, so that's out of the way. Ooh...I also ordered all of the Cathe DVD's that I didn't have, so I'm going to start one of the rotations. Which one do ya'll recommend?

Lori H...glad you started your new job and hope you get settled in a little more this week.

Lori S!!! Congrats on your loss of weight and inches. That's fantastic!

Mariela, you're not alone in your grades. I think I did even worse. I made an "F" on the water drinking, too. :-(

FFD...glad you're feeling better.

Have a great week, everyone. Here's hoping we'll have the HC DVD's in our hands by next week. :7

Lee Anne

Good Morning.....Yesterday I did L&G's, plus the cardio conditioning from KPC. Today I am going to do PUB, plus my treadmill for an 1/2 hour. Eating has been good. I am dying to see they are shipping the workouts!!!!!
Lori

Good Morning Ladies,
I put a good workout in last night:) I did a 50 min run mixed in with SS.By the time I was done,I had worked out for 90 min.I wasn't in the mood to workout.It is really hard when you take a couple of days off.I didn't want to do anything but lie around!I read before that it only takes 3 days to get out of a routine.I beleive it!
I am not sure what my workout will be today.I feel like I should do some weights again b/c I am working the next 2 days,so I will be lucky if I can just get cardio in.
Going to try and clean up my eating a bit better today.I have been on a ice cream binge!

Good Morning Ladies,

Slept in this morning so will have to pick it up at lunch-plan on doing cardio and abs at the gym. I was planning on doing the August Rotation, but now that Cathe has posted the February rotation, I'm undecided. Although I stuck to my points, my wt was up this week. I bought another 10 weeks and if I don't get any results, I'm thinking of looking into another wt loss program. LA Weightloss, Slim4life...something different I guess.

Diana

Hello everyone!

Home again, hopefully for the last day. Lori, you're scaring me! I don't want to be out of the habit! Last workout was last Thursday. You know what I'm doing to stay motivated? Watching Cathe on FitTV. Now that she's off, I'm going to watch videos I haven't tried yet. Is that sick or what?

Did anyone see that Cathe posted a day in the life in terms of eating? Does anyone know how many times a day she works out?

Talk to you later!

Morning Everyone,
Another early rise for me.I think I will get use to it eventuallyyyyyyyyyy:) I went to bed at a pretty good hour so I am not tired.I am hoping to get a workout in tonight but my parents are comming and I am hoping that I won't be to tired to workout.
DH is gone away for work so I called my mom and asked her could she come and take care of my child.They are really good like that, BUT her questions are endless and she as an enormous amount of energy.She can not sit still and she wants to clean,clean,clean.I have a hard time tolerating it when I am cranky and tired.
I got my workout in late last night.I ran for 5 miles.And I did Abs.If I workout tonight it will probably be just cardio as well.I think I am going to start a one body part per day rotation.I would like to start ASAP but I am not sure if my schedule will allow it today.
I will check back later tonight.They have internet at work but until I am comfy there, I won't be browsing the internet.

Good Morning.......Diana, did you up your Points and bit, and start eating some activity points??? I am sorry you are struggling. That is so frustrating!!!

I changed my whole workout yesterday and ended up doing PP-2 sets UB, and Express Cardio. Today I am doing the Gauntlet, but just strictly LB.

Eating has been good the last 3 days. I have stayed at 23-25 points. I am going to get a hungry day soon. I average about 30 points a day, so I am way below my normal.

Off to The Gauntlet!!!!!!
Lori

Diana, I hear you about WW. Its so frustrating to have one week where you're really good and one week where your really bad and the weight doesn't reflect the truth. I really am starting to wonder about the calories in/calories out thing. To some extent yes, but if really true, living on 1100 calories a day would mean turning into a waif!
let us know where you turn next!

I'm back to work this afternoon for only a couple of hours. Feeling more up to it, but will not brave a workout until the weekend. I do not want to prolong this illness. Am still eating ok, too many carbs a la chicken soup, oatmeal, saltine crackers - but i figure my body could use it (plus I can't imagine eating roughage with a sore throat!). Can't wait to get back to what I was doing, though. I was enjoying the results! (gained 2 lbs since last weigh - can't tell if its salt from the foods I've been eating lately, increased muscle mass, or poor diet despite better working out. I need to weigh more consistently to be able to tell - lesson learned!).

Talk to you ladies later!

Hi Ladies,

I've decided to loosely follow the August Rotation. This morning was muscle endurance and I'm heading over to the gym for some cardio.
I also use fitday.com to track my calories etc. and I have anywhere between 1100-1400 calories per day. I should be a waif-but unfortunately I'm a cow instead. I'll just keep MOO-ING my way through my workouts and hopefully some of this wt. will disappear.
Thanks for the encouragement Lori.

FFD-glad to hear you are feeling better. Its usually best to rest and not rush back to soon, would hate for you to relapse.

Diana

Hi everybody,

I am still here. I did ME today. I have this weird ankle pain, I limp when I walk. It started about a week ago. It's the worst when I wake up in the morning. I don't remember injuring it when I was running, I really don't know. Anyway,,,, I am on the South Beach Diet. I know I should stick with WW, but I have been indulging so much lately, I need a jumpstart.

Lori

Good Morning Everyone....Glad to see you back, Lori!!!!!

Today I am doing Imax, and some abs. I am tired today. I know I can get thru it, I just hope I can put my all into it.

Have a good day!
Lori

Hi Ladies,

This morning I did PS Legs & abs and if the weather is warm enough, I will go for a run at lunch. Two weeks ago I started doing weighted ab work and is definitely working well for me. My abs are starting to look more defined and flat-wish this worked for the back side as well.

Have a great day all,

Diana

Diana, good for you on the abs!

Today I ate well, did ME again, but with light weights. I like that workout, and it makes me sweat, so I did it again. Tomorrow is running/power walking.

Have a nice night,
Lori

Hi Everyone,
I am so tired and work isn't even busy.I guess my mind is getting filled up with lots of new info.I am mentally tired,not physically! But for some reason I can't muster up enough energy to go for a run:-(
I may be able to force myself later.If not, I am going to do a killer workout tomorrow.
Everything is going good with my new job.Its all starting to sink in to my thick skull! It takes a while.
I will check back tomorrow.
Looks like we may have some new workouts in our hands next week.:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.