Strapless Heart Rate Monitors

nicolegadino

Cathlete
Hi All -

I am wondering if anyone can reccommend any of these? I use the Bodybugg, but my best fried wants a strapless heart rate monitor for her birthday, and I am wondering how accurate they can be and which is the best?

Thanks!

I had a strapless Reebok heartrate monitor, and I HATED it!! You have to basically stop what you are doing, and put two finger on two little sensors until it reads your heart rate. Other brands may be different, but that was the experience i had...

Nico.

The heart rate monitors that I am aware of which dont rely on a starp are not continuous monitors.

The strapped kind take non-stop heart rate readings while you workout and know how your your heart rate at every instant while you use them.

The strapless ones are advertised as EKG accurate and in theory that is so. However, like trixie108 said, they take an accurate measurement of your heart rate if you depress a button on the watch. So every few minutes you need to remember to do this. It extrapolates what your heart rate could be in the interim between each reading. So they are only accurate for those points in time during the workout when you took a measurement.

I personally find the strapless ones a waste of money.

If there are any continuous monitoring strapless products, I'd be interested too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.