4 "free" coffee cards
One earing - dont know where the other is
Makeup - no makeup bag
Purfume
Lighter.......hmmmmmm
Sunglasses

and last but not least........lots and lots of little fluff balls

Marion

You have to stay in shape. My grandmother started walking when she was 60. Today she is 97 and we don't know where the hell she is! - Ellen DeGeneres

I'm pretty much a bag lady. I don't use a "handbag," but a small purse (with credit cards, money, receipts, insurance cards, all that crap in it), but mostly big, huge tote bags, that carry my purse, textbooks, students' homework, odds and ends of pens (mostly red!), maybe a bottle of green tea, a vegan snack bar or two or three.

--Notebook for writing odd snippets in (titles of books I want to read, receipes, whatever),
--an old letter my father wrote to me that is so special I keep it close to me,
--purse,
--separate stash of cards of secondary importance,
--small plastic bag with medical and toiletries essentials (tampons, band aids, bottle of contact lens solution, etc),
--tube of handcream (esssential!),
--check books in US dollars and pounds sterling,
--sunglasses,
--assortment of pens and pencils,
--car and house keys,
--miscellaneous pieces of paper and napkins which have all been co-opted for scribbling interesting book titles on......,
-- and two sachets of brown sugar for my coffee, because I hate it when Borders coffee shop runs out, which they do frequently.

All this and my bag is actually quite small!!!

Clare :7

*cell phone
*keys
*gel pen(purple)
*trident sugar free bubble gum
*credit cards
*20 bucks
*checkbook
*winter candy apple Ab hand cream
*chapstick
*lip gloss/liner/lipstick & eye liner
*receipts
*sunglasses
*$50 gift card to Bath and Body works
*$10 coupon to Victorias secret
*hair bands(mine and my daughters)
*mini photo album filled w/pics
*tampons
*trash at the bottom

Just got back from the Thai place, so I have tootpicks,take out menu & mints too.

Aila
:)

i am freakin Mary Poppins when it comes to what's in my purse!!!

wallet
3 checkbooks
keys
phone
makeup bag
dental floss
umbrella
kleenex
medicine
screwdriver
boxcutter
calculator
addressbook
flashlight
bottled water
hair clip
gum
nailfile
purell hand cleaner
sunglasses
needle and thread mini-kit

i think that's ALL

when i get old like my grandma, i am goinf to have packages of crackers too!!!:p

jes

Screwdriver? Flashlight?? Umbrella???

Wot, no bread bin?!?!?!?!?!

You, must use a carpet bag girl!!

Thought: are any of these to be used as weapons for self-defence?

Clare

self defense is what the box cutter is for. the flashlight is in case i get stuck somewhere in a blackout and for finding things in my purse in the dark (movies, concerts....) the screwdriver is just in case i ever need one and you would be surprised how many times i have had to use it!!! i am a purse feind(i bought one today) and they aren't that big, just heavy. i weighed it on the scale at the vet 's office the other day and it was 18.4 lbs........

one other thing i forgot to mention... a mini tape measure

Aila, my grandma really has crackers in her purse!!! and sugar packets!

jes

Everything that I can get in there. Even blunt tip scissors for clipping coupons when out. A pocket knife with an assortment of items as bottle opener, corkscrew, knife etc., wallet pictures to show off grandchildren and children, makeup in small sizes, wipes, tissue, nail file lotion, comb, brush,PDA, Pens, just about anything.
Diane Sue

Hey gals! we need "suitcases" not handbags.........except Allison. She just needs a "pocket"

Marion

You have to stay in shape. My grandmother started walking when she was 60. Today she is 97 and we don't know where the hell she is! - Ellen DeGeneres

Jes, you are one organized lady. And I am envious!!

In my "I love lucy purse" I found 4 Clinique lipsticks,
1 Lancome Juicy tubes
1 Neutrogena hand cream
1 Healing garden hand cream
1 mini harley davidson flashlight
2 tampons
wallet with credit cards, nursing license, social security card
a letter from old flame (sent recently)
cell phone
PDA
compact powder
car phone charger
mini tissue packet
cough drop
loose change
new testament mom gave me years ago
extra pair of gold earrings
Lynn

don't have one. Put my wallet in my coat pocket and it has my drivers license in there. Stuff my keys in one of my pockets too.

When I go to work I have this large bag that has my lunch, appointment book and work papers.

I keep these waterproof pants for cycling in the rain in the special bags on my bike.

Have a cell phone, but it's usually at home or somewhere in the car.

Dutchie:)

>i weighed it on the scale at the vet 's office the
>other day and it was 18.4 lbs........>
>
>jes

Wow! 18.4 pounds! I didn't think I'd ever see it, but you've got me beat. Mine was only 14.

Shari

Mine certainly is not a HAND-bag - it's actually a bookbag from LL Bean that had an ergonomically correct shoulder strap, and loaded, it must weigh 15 lbs. I won't list all the contents, but it includes a Leatherman tool-thingy. I've tried to downsize, but it doesn't work. I'm attached to my "stuff."

JDoll, I don't mean to interupt your handbag party but I don't think it's a good idea for you to carry a box cutter around. You can get arrested if a cop wants to check your bag out. A pepperspray is a safer bet. You're more likely to get hurt with the boxcutter than the perpetrator himself if he's crazy enough which most of them are.

Lisa

I'm doing pretty good:

wallet
tons of sweet n'low packets
keys
book (paperback)
iPod
misc. pens
sunglasses
pantiliners (just in case)
list of books I need to buy!
empty space where my cigarettes used to be! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.