So whatcha eating today?

tneah

Cathlete
Hey Everyone,

I am feeling a little curious and a little food obsessed-tomorrow is my "cheat day";) .....so what did you eat for breakfast and lunch...dinner, snacks?:7

I have had a chocolate peanut butter protein shake with flax seed, and now am eating (after doing MIC) 4 rice cakes, 1/2 sliced tomato, and 4 egg whites...:9

Saturday and Sunday are my "austerity" days when I make up for all the damage done during the week. I know. I'm weird that way. I usually have oatmeal for brunch, and a low-fat salad for dinner, with fruit and popcorn as a snack. For some reason, I feel soooo much better when I eat light. The weekends are very healing for me. :)

You would have to ask this after I've had a grilled cheese for lunch.... I was making them for my kids and DH and was going to virtuously have something healthier (my mistake was not eating the healthier thing first or even quite planning it). Then DS (who is really skinny so I don't mind feeding him a lot when he'll eat it) wanted another one, and considering there are two spots on the sandwich maker, I went ahead and made 2 more and ate one of them. Bad Lainie.

Edited to change virtually to virtuously because that meaning is much different.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

I had fiber cereal for breakfast, l/f cottage cheese and raspberries for a mid-morning snack and a turkey and cheese wrap with a small handful of almonds for lunch. I'm just startin' to think about an afternoon snack now but not sure what I'll have yet....:9 :9 :9

I had ezekiel toast with pb and a banana for breakfast, orange roughy and salad for lunch, and yogurt with honey for a snack. Dinner is a big salad with chicken.

UGh!

I had some pizza and after eating it - it feels like I have bricks in my stomach :p bad bad bad so for the rest of the day I will forage on my fruits and veggies and drink plenty of water - I had enough carbs from the pizza to last me until Monday - ewww I feel gross :(

Edamame salad!

(very easy...just put in a bowl and mix together: frozen edamame, diced fennel, matchstick carrots, chopped radicchio, canola oil, rice wine vinegar, minced shallots & garlic, chopped mint, black pepper, salt)
(It's not a strict recipe - if I don't have one thing, I leave it out, or substitute something similar. Same with amounts/proportions -may depend on how much I have available that day)

I love this...I make a big batch once every few weeks and have it on hand for 3-4 days for snacks/smaller meals, or as a side dish with a main meal.

I had Greek yogurt with honey for breakfast, carrots and hummus for a snack, leftover enchiladas for lunch :9 and a vanilla, orange, mango, banana protein shake with a few almonds post WO.

>You would have to ask this after I've had a grilled cheese
>for lunch.... I was making them for my kids and DH and was
>going to virtuously have something healthier (my mistake was
>not eating the healthier thing first or even quite planning
>it). Then DS (who is really skinny so I don't mind feeding
>him a lot when he'll eat it) wanted another one, and
>considering there are two spots on the sandwich maker, I went
>ahead and made 2 more and ate one of them. Bad Lainie.
>
I can top that no breakfast and McDonalds for lunch but I am snacking on Blackberries now I bought a Mallo Cup for later (Choclate covering marshmallow)

beth6395

"You didn't pause your dvd and go make popcorn did ya"
-Cathe Friedrich

http://www.picturetrail.com/juicyfruities2002

Mmmmmm, we're having company and are doing steaks on the grill. Baked potatos, sauted 'shrooms, tossed salad and rolls. Dessert is apple pie or chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. Ice cream. Yum, yum, yum.

DH and I had a cheat day today. We had BBQ ribs, fries, corn on the cob, garlic bread. We were going to have ice cream later, but I am already feeling like I am dragging from that lunchtime cheat. Instead of the ice cream, we are going to have some sort of protein shake later. I know cheat meals are good for us, but I often feel physically drained after eating the yummy stuff.

I want what Robin is having today! Ok, I can wait until tomorrow...;)

I am having a big bowl of steamed broccoli, carrots, snow peas and a small chicken breast....I love lunchtime!:p

Fiber 1 cereal with strawberries for breakfast, brown rice california rolls for lunch and salmon with broccoli for dinner. Tomorrow is my cheat day too and I'm starting it off with my favorite cheat day breakfast...Multigrain pancakes with banana and walnuts thrown in (and some real butter and maple syrup on top)...can't wait for tomorrow:9

For dinner I had a giant bowl filled with seven kinds of lettuces, a 3.5 oz. can of Vital Choice (low mercury) tuna, broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage, white cabbage, red pepper, mushrooms and scallion with 4 (measured out) tablespoons of Newmans' light balsamic vinegrette and lots of fresh pepper. The salad was sooooo good! I'm now eating cantaloupe chunks. :9

Most days I eat everything in sight, so this is like a vacation day for me. Enjoy your food tomorrow!

Matzah! It's the first night of passover. Plus my hubby's brisket and potato kugel. Yum!

But I will be sick of matzah within the next day or two. Bleh.

Happy Passover! My hubby is Jewish, does not really observe the holidays although I wish he would...I sometimes make him matzo ball soup--mine are usually "sinkers" rather than "floaters!" ;)

Nancy, your salad sounded so yummy! I had a large spinach, mixed greens, with all sorts of veggie salad for dinner too. But tomorrow? Look out mixed nuts here I come! Nachos anyone? Might have to splurge on a little Edy's Slow Churned as well..:9

I was doin' fine until we took DS to Friendly's and I shared some supremely evil mocha/oreo cookie sundae with DH!!!!:eek:

I must admit that it was like a little piece of heaven though. It was oh soooo yummy!:9 }( :9 }(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.