Slippery issue with new puzzle mats..

chachi

Cathlete
I put down my new puzzle mats last night and worked out on them today. I was using my high step and noticed that my shoes started getting really slippery to the point that I slide right off of it..luckily I caught myself with the wall before falling flat on my butt. My shoes are fairly new so I know the tread isn't worn. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem? I'm sure the coating on the mats will eventually wear down a little but I don't want to risk almost falling everytime I want to use my step. ;)

Keep a damp papertowel off to the side and step on it lightly when you feel your feet getting slippery. The slight dampness should solve it for you.

HTH!

Thanks Kate..simple solution..not sure why I didn't think of it this morning. :eek: I considered putting baby powder on the bottom of my shoes but didn't want to risk making a mess!

Chastity, I remember that happening when I first got my puzzle mats. It goes away with time. I don't remember how long it took though.

I laughed at myself this morning after falling b/c I was thinking how ironic it was that my joints were feeling better but my butt was going to be paying the price for it. :)

I have never used the star rating system until just now..I gave this thread 5 stars to bump it up! ;) Obviously someone here thinks I'm only average! Geez..I rarely even start new threads and I'm being rated. :rolleyes:

I put down my new puzzle mats last night and worked out on them today. I was using my high step and noticed that my shoes started getting really slippery to the point that I slide right off of it..luckily I caught myself with the wall before falling flat on my butt. My shoes are fairly new so I know the tread isn't worn. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem? I'm sure the coating on the mats will eventually wear down a little but I don't want to risk almost falling everytime I want to use my step. ;)

wow, mine didn't do that. perhaps it's a new coating on it, maybe you should wipe it down with a damp sponge? Just a thought. - autumn

I used a steam mop to clean my mats when I first placed them down. It must have worked to remove the residue.
My older mats were slippery when they were new. I totally forgot about the slip factor.

If you've got a steam mop try it.

I have never used the star rating system until just now..I gave this thread 5 stars to bump it up! ;) Obviously someone here thinks I'm only average! Geez..I rarely even start new threads and I'm being rated. :rolleyes:

I gave you a 5 star rating too hon. Some people need to pull their head out of their butt. ;)

I gave you a 5 star rating too hon. Some people need to pull their head out of their butt. ;)

Ditto! I honestly wish they'd just get rid of the star rating system.

Anyway, I can't remember my puzzle mats being slippery like that at first... but maybe they were. I can say that they're not slippery now. So like others are saying, I think the slip factor should decrease over time.

This happened at my Tae Kwon Do school when they replaced some squares. Everyone kept falling then they hit the new squares. It was comical and annoying!

This happened at my Tae Kwon Do school when they replaced some squares. Everyone kept falling then they hit the new squares. It was comical and annoying!
10.gif

Awe thanks ladies..some of you do like me! :) I think all this drama around here is starting to get to my head and making me self-conscious! :rolleyes::eek:

Namita..I considered buying a steam mop about a month ago but didn't. You just enabled me! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.