Shout-out to Beloved Heather

BeethovenRocks

Cathlete
Hi there Heather,

Apologies if I've missed out on something but haven't seen you on the boards for a while. How ya doin'?:)

I was wondering that myself. I always enjoyed reading Heather's posts. She is such a good writer. Hope you are doing OK, Heather!

Here I Am!!!!

Shelby:

Thanks for the shout out! I am alive and well in Texas on a glorious spring-like day! I started the 12-week challenge on New Year’s Eve, and I am delighted to report that I have discovered my recipe for success:

Cathe’s 4-Day Split + eating every 4 hours (4 times a day) = 4 pounds down in 4 days! Glory!

Yes, 4 is one of my favorite numbers. LOL! I started my fitness journey on the 4th of July (2003). I will be celebrating my 5-year fitness anniversary on the 4th of July this year, and I would love to be 100 pounds below my top weight that morning. I was 34 pounds below my top weight as of Friday morning (the 4th of January), and a goal of 11 pounds a month is very doable and realistic for someone my size (especially with the Biggest Loser team challenge starting Wednesday evening at church)! I am on target to reach my goal for this 12-week challenge too! Yippee!

I was surprised that the scale did not budge last week after my cycle, a fast, and a week of consistently fueling my body with nutrient-dense food, but it was a recovery week. Many people report that diet is 80 percent of the equation. Nutrition is only good for maintenance in my experience. My weight responds favorably to Cathe’s workouts! I love Cathe!

I am rejoicing because I have finally discovered an enjoyable and natural way of eating that I can live with for the rest of my life without obsessing over food all the time. I am bursting with energy, and I am more satisfied with my meals and less preoccupied with food overall. I peeked at the scale Friday morning to make sure I was not gaining weight because I am simply eating when I am hungry and not counting calories. I am in high carb heaven too. For some reason, my body thrives on a plant-based way of eating with plenty of carbs and fiber and very little animal protein. I am drinking plenty of spring water too and taking Emergen-C every day. Did I mention that I feel good?!

Oh, I had a mental breakthrough too before I even stepped on the scale. I was inspired by my “before” pictures for this challenge. For the first time, I looked at myself and saw my future destiny instead of my present reality. I can see my potential and visualize what I will look like when I break free from this fat cocoon. I believe this is one of the reasons why it is easier for someone who has been fit in the past to lose weight (after a pregnancy for example). When you have been overweight most of your life, it is hard to see yourself any other way. This is huge for me because I am visually motivated. When I get a “vision” of how I want a room or cluttered closet to look, I am inspired to make it happen! And I do!

I shared more about my fitness and nutrition game plan for this challenge as well as the Biggest Loser challenge in my final Cathe calendar update for 2007 that I posted on New Year’s Day. Here is a link:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=465581&mesg_id=465581

Thanks again for asking about me. For me, 2007 was a year of experimenting with different styles of eating and ways of training, keeping a daily personal journal, and posting monthly updates here. I know what works for me now, and 2008 is the year my fitness dreams become my reality. It is time for a little less talk and a lot more action! I am off to a great start, I have the support of the 12-week challenge check-in, and I will have the “live” support of my church family with this Biggest Loser challenge. I went food shopping with one of my best friends this afternoon and gave her a crash course in label reading to help her and her husband get started on the right foot. She is planning to jog in the pool with me at the club twice a week. Another dear friend who has historically been one of my food pushers is on board with healthy eating too. I am setting myself up for success this year with Bible study and prayer + Cathe’s workouts + plant-based eating + strong social support. By the grace of God, I am breaking free from 100 pounds in 2008!

Jbliff, thank you for the kind words!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Here I Am!!!!

Heather, I wish you luck in your fitness journey and beyond! Your enthusiasm and commitment are contagious!! Good luck, and keep us posted!

RE: Here I Am!!!!

Wow, Heather! In the words of our fearless leader: 'I feel your energy' ;-) These are some great vibes you're sending out. Myself, I'm trying to get rid of an annoying flu bug so the past few days have been really low key. Glad to know you're safe and well. Happy New Year and have a great week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.