Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Should I exercise while doing cabbage soup diet?

This is a discussion on Should I exercise while doing cabbage soup diet? within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi All, I am trying the 7 day cabbage soup diet to jump start my diet. I can see some ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Cathlete
Winter's Profile Fields

Default Should I exercise while doing cabbage soup diet?

Hi All,

I am trying the 7 day cabbage soup diet to jump start my diet. I can see some of you rolling your eyes..... :)

For the first 3 days you eat only fruits and veggies and the soup so I am thinking I won't have steam to exercise of if I even should.

The soup has cabbage, tom, carrots, green peppers, celery and onion.

Day 4 is banana's, skim milk and soup.

Day 5 I think is when you can add some protien.

Finally has anyone tried this and it worked? How can it not I guess.

Thanks,
Winter
Old 03-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Cathlete

Default RE: Should I exercise while doing cabbage soup diet?

You saw me do that?

Debbie

Adults are always asking kids what they want to be when they grow up because they are looking for ideas.
--Paula Poundstone
Old 03-09-2007, 01:23 PM
DeCathelete
allwildgirl's Profile Fields

Send a message via MSN to allwildgirl

*tries hard to keep eyes from rolling* ;)

Here's a link you might find interesting.

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk..._soup_diet.htm

All Hail Limecat
Old 03-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Cathlete
Liann's Profile Fields

Ah, the good old cabbage soup diet. I've been on that many times, but not voluntarily! My dad used to go on it a lot when I was younger (before I took over the kitchen at home) and so my mom had to make the soup for him. She wasn't that into cooking, so all I got to eat was, guess... cabbage soup. I think I lost more weight than he ever did! I think it doubles as a thorough internal "cleanse" as well, so be prepared for that.

If you do it and plan to keep exercising, I think I would try to find a way to sneak some protein in there.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Cathlete

Hi there Winter,

I'll be honest...I tried this a looooooong time ago (way pre-Cathe). The gas pains I experienced during day #2 were so excruciating that I quit immediately. Cabbage can do that to you. YMMV. :)

Old 03-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Cathlete

Did you ever think about making a pot of the soup to fill in some meals like later on the day.
Eat sensibly during the am and lunch and do the soup for dinner .

That way you are only eating less at night.
Anne
Old 03-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Cathlete

Winter,

Why would you do this to yourself? I'm getting kinda gasey (sp?) just looking at that line-up x(

Good luck.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Cathlete
Winter's Profile Fields

Mmmmm I forget about the starvation mode. Been there done that by starving as a teenager once.

Think I will supplement my day with this soup. The recipe I have was a bit vague so I have for sure a weeks worth of soup!!

Thanks,
Ladies!

Old 03-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Catheite
Kat25's Profile Fields

I did this diet when I had to lose five lb real fast in
order to fit into a dress I bought for my friends wedding.
I stuck with the whole 7 days. I could not look at cabbage
soup for a long time and during the diet a baked
potato never tasted sooooooooooo good. I did fit
into the dress and I did exercise. I wouldn't do
it for more than seven days tho.

Kathy
Old 03-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Cathlete
hiitdogs's Profile Fields

Having been a yo-yo dieter for the past 6 years, I would say, stay away from it!

However, if you have made up your mind to do it, I don't think Cathe workouts will work with this diet, they are too high intensity for the amount of calories you are taking in (talking from experience here). I would do some exercise 4 to 6 times a week, but only like 30 min. walks twice a day, or one 45 - 60 min. walk per day (either one) with 1 - 2 min higher intensity intervals (running or fast walking) every 10 min. Don't get your heart rate higher than 65 % of you max for the walking and 75 % on the intervals.

The problem I have with the cabbage soup diet is the lack of protein in the first few days and very limited protein intake afterwards. Any diet that eliminates a particular food group (no, chocolate is not a food group :-) ) is calling for trouble.

Try to eat clean and do your high intensity workouts is much more effective, in my experience. I had much better experience with eating every 2 to 3 hours, having protein shakes with fruit for breakfast and lunch, eat fruit and veggies in between, eat a "normal" meal for dinner (or switch it around 2 protein shakes, veggies, fruit, etc. and one regular meal for up to 10 days) and do progessively higher intensity workouts (for the first 5 to 10 days to kickstart it). You don't feel deprived, you can do your workouts and live a normal live.

However, if the cabbage soup diet works for you, more power to you.

Best of luck,

Carola

You are free to turn impossible odds into a set of stairs that go either 6 feet under or 600 miles high, bringing you to a place few will ever reach
Sean O'Malley, CardioCoach