Routines for Fat Burning?? Input Plz

pebblesus

Cathlete
So I have determined that my weight is about where i want it and my muscle development is good and i consider myself an intermediate to advanced lifter.

SO.. can anyone help clear me up on the fat burning / calorie burning thing?
If you do higher intensity cardio you burn more CALORIES which leads to more WEIGHT LOSS, but lower itensity cardio burns more FAT yes?

So if Im happy with my weight (pounds on the scale), but want to rid myself of the little fat storages in my lower ab and whereelse), then I would want to do lower impact?

Can anyone shed some light on how this actually works between the two?
Would it also work for helping to lean out and give more muscle definition or do I need higher impact?

Thanks!

I found this on the internet and use it in my routine. It works for me.

Fasting Cardio

Try fasting cardio. Cardio work done first thing in the morning prior to eating anything. This is a tip that anyone can use. It does not matter if you are a beginner or seasoned athlete. Fasting cardio simply works.

There are a few tricks to this tip you will want to use. First, I recommend taking 5 grams of L-Glutamine prior to exercise in powder form. This is a simple amino acid that helps your body stay out of a catabolic (or muscle-wasting) state.

Second, if your doctor approves, a cup of coffee prior to exercise really helps liberate brown fat (stubborn fat) and get the thermogenic effect going. Thermogenesis is simply internal body heat. Remember, a calorie is defined as "a unit of heat." That's all it is. Increase your "heat", and you decrease your body fat.

Finally, exercising only at about 65-75% of your maximum heart rate five days per week. You can exercise more intensely, but you risk muscle loss. During this time of day, your body is rather eager to burn fat, so you do not have to push it to the max. Just a good, steady workout for 20-45 minutes is all you need.

After four weeks, include intervals in your sessions, like 3-5 minute intervals where I push my heart rate up to about 85% of my max. Then come back down to the 65-75% range for 10 minutes. Repeat 2-3 times in a session.

Hope this helps,

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Pebblesue -

You're talking about a very persistant idea that's out there, but while it is KIND of true, it's not true in the way you mean.

When you exercise at a lower intensity, you burn a larger percentage of fat per calorie burned - that is true. However, when you do a higher intensity workout, you burn many more calories over all, and this you burn more fat in the process. Think of a walk versus a run. Say you walk for 30 minutes and burn 150 calories. The next day you run for 30 minutes and burn 360 calories. Say 60% of the calories you burn are fat at the walking pace and only 40% are fat at the running pace.

The numbers would work out to be:
Walk: 150 X .60 = 90 fat calories
Run: 360 x .40 = 144 fat calories

So even though you burn more fat calories per calories, you burn more fat over all with higher intensity workouts.

If you are happy where you are, but would like to exchange fat for muscle, I would recommend going with a heavy lifting rotation with intense cardio 2 to 3 times a week, and an eating plan where you eat clean most of the time.

But others may disagree. It really is what works for you. Everyone's body responds differently.

No that is definitly helpful. I have a hardtime determining how fat is birned. Ive heard time and time again that you don't even start burning fat until after 20 minutes (usually limit of cardio for me anyways hehe).
Im all set o nmy weight and I jave been lifitng heavy for a couple years.
I do tons of cardio, mostly skate practice and once or twice a week for 10-20 mintues, often following weights.
Thanks for the advice!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.