rip 60

I did Rip 60 and I loved it! It is a progressive program so it starts easy then progressively gets more difficult--the last few weeks and the bonus workout by Georges St. Pierre (GSP) are excellent--very intense. In fact, the GSP and week 6 workouts are well worth the price of the whole program alone (with the suspension band of course!)--I will come back those two workouts again and again. The equipment is very solid, too. I also think the fact it starts slow/easier is fine in the beginning if you have no experience with suspension bands--which I didn't. So it teaches you how to use them properly. Not difficult tho once you get the hang of it. Here is a review of the whole program: Rip:60 | 2 Lazy 4 the Gym

I think it is a great change of pace if all you've been doing is weights. A great way to mix things up.

Thanks for the info! I actually wound up getting the program since it was on clearance at my local Target. By the way, I don't have a single kettleball. What pound kettleball did you use when you did the program?

I really like Rip 60 and actually was a bit surprised not to see too much chatter about it here. It worked my core like nothing else.....and I've done lots.:eek: After I did the whole program and went back and did some of the discs as 'stand alones' I was surprised at how hard they were. When you take the workouts out of the rotation, they are a lot more difficult, but I think that happens with many rotational DVD's. I didn't really realize when I was doing it how the strength was layering on.

I got my package last Christmas time on Amazon for about $70 on a daily deal and have been very happy with it. Thankfully I have overhead beams in my basement to attach the straps to. If I remember correctly (it's been a while) I believe I used a 15# kettle bell. I'm also thinking that a hand weight would suffice.

As a side note, Jillian is only on one of the discs. It's a shorter disc (23 min) and doesn't present any new moves that aren't done in the other discs. I only did that disc once. It was definitely not the focus of the series.

The pros for me were: great music, about 50 minute workouts, & great unique ab work. It reminded me of a P90X/Insanity hybrid without the dread factor. The only thing I dreaded were some of the drills (which were bad in a good way) and the same warm up and cool down exercises for all of the DVD's.

Why am I trying to talk you into this???:rolleyes: Hope you like it as much as I do.

I used a 15 pound kettlebell. I got mine as a Amazon daily deal, too. Enjoy! It's a great program!

Thank you both for the information! I am looking forward to the program. When I was reading the literature it looks like the discs are repeated five times per week....is that true? Or does each week disc have five different workouts on it? I haven't broken open the CD set yet although of course I tried out the straps immediately! :eek: :D

The main program (not the bonus workouts) is 8 weeks long. There is one workout for each week and you repeat that for a whole week. So one workout a week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.