The result of my drapes drama

L Sass

Cathlete
Thank you all for your comments and thoughts about my dry cleaning drapes issue from the other day. (http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=496205&mesg_id=496205&page=3)

No, they were not custom made, but they were expensive, and the manufacturer label said dry clean, which is what I did. Great advice about only vacuuming though - thanks!

So I went back today at 5:30 - they were promised to me today after 5:00, so I thought I was safe. Uh-huh. The high school kid said they were not there and he had no idea where they were. He called the owner - you know - the one who has NEVER called me despite her repeated assurances that she would. She said tomorrow.

So I came home and again called the second place (the one that just got them on Tuesday) and the manager there said they were en route and would be into the local place in 10 minutes. He advised that when he learned of the situation he contacted the owner of the local place and STRONGLY encouraged her to contact me with an update -- which of course never happened.

So I went back, and yes they were there, but I told high school student that I wasn't paying for them, and he said he could not release them you me. Told him that he might want to call the owner back and let her know that I wasn't leaving until she came to her business to address the issue. After waiting for about 20 minutes she did arrive, and told me to stop staring at her, that she had nothing to do with the whole situation, and why was I so upset. I calmly (though with by blood pressure sky high) told her that the primary reason, aside from the fact that I had to locate these myself and that they were nowhere that anybody could find them and that I'd hosted a dinner party with no drapes, was that NOBODY from her business had the business courtesy to pick up the phone and call ME with ANY information.

At which point she angrily told me I was ripping her off (they cost $275.00) and I could take my drapes. I wished her luck in her business dealings with this kind of communication. I am STILL boiling! UGH! (Thanks for letting me vent!)

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Have you contacted the better business bureau?? This kind of situation is exactly what the BBB is for!!! (and, it will give the owner a pain in the you know what... }()

I'm glad you got your drapes in the end!

So glad you finally got them back. What an ordeal? I wonder if they have had other complaints to the Better Business Bureau?

Jean

Lorrie-I missed your original post, but I'm all caught up now. SHEESH! WAY TO STICK TO YOUR GUNS, girl!!! And I agree with the others.....I'd call the BBB ASAP!

Gayle

Definitely call BBB...and also, tell everyone you know about the situation and that they should steer clear of that business!!! Nothing like word-of-mouth.

Glad you finally got them!

Lorrie,

Sorry for your frustrations. That kind of business will not last. I also suggest calling BBB.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

I have a wonderful dry cleaner, and I tell everyone in the neighborhood how great they are. This is the other side of the same coin. If I were you, I would tell everyone in the neighborhood about your experience. This crummy business deserves it, and you'll be doing your neighbors a favor!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.