Rest or Cardio?

mmis29

Cathlete
I just did leaner legs for the first time yesterday and OUCH! My legs and butt are on FIRE. Thanks for such a great workout Cathe. Love the DOMS, but is it better to take a rest day if you're really sore or is it better to do some cardio, maybe an older step tape such as Step Jam to "work it out"? I've read that somewhere before and I'm not sure whether it's true. What do you think?

This is what I have done following DOMS in that area... continue with rotation and add a stretching yoga type video. But the best advice anyone would tell you is listen to your body ..that and a nice soothing soak with epsom salts, some advil or aleve it also helps if you can have a very gentle massage in the DOMS affected area.

If you didn't work your upper body yesterday, you could just do an upper body workout today and give your lower a rest.

I love leaner legs. For me, I need to do cardio to work out the soreness and stiffness. Kickboxing seems to do the trick for me. But as mentioned earlier, you have to listen to your body and rest if necessary.

Diana

thank you for your responses :)

Great suggestions. I'll see how I feel later on, and either take a hot bath or gear up for some cardio!

My preference the day after Leaner Legs is to do a cardio, but not one that is challenging on the same muscle group. Cardio and Weights is a great day-after workout because the step portion doesn't include anything too taxing on the legs, and you also get a great upper body workout. I find that I like to get the blood moving through the muscles - I feel like I'm flushing out the lactic acid, but I don't know if that's biologically what is actually happening.

Leaner Legs is an invaluable workout! I love it!

Sandra

Not ONE but TWO days of DOMS! OUCH OUCH! My butt LOL!!! I skipped yesterday's workout altogether in lieu of a long relaxing stretch and a hot bath. Today, It still hurts so I'm going to take up another one of your suggestions and do some cardio that's easy on the lower body. I am so glad I did this workout!!! It's definitely going to hit my VCR often.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.