Rave: Butt and Guts Leg Blast premix!

cokonkel

Cathlete
I did this premix for the very first time today and it was SO awesome! I remembered seeing a rave for this premix previously, but couldn't find that old thread to bump so I just had to start a new one. :D I've never done any of the premixes on Cathe's Butts & Guts before and Holy Moley was it ever a leg burner! It was seriously like a whole new workout. I was thinking I would add on some hip thrusts when I was done but there was no way...my legs were like J-E-L-L-O! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The only thing I didn't like was that I had to play the warm up separately. The premix starts right into the exercises without the warm up. Otherwise, I am so psyched to have "discovered" this new leg workout. :D

If you have this dvd and you haven't tried this premix yet, you MUST run and do it now! :p

I'll have to give this a try on one of my Leg Days this week!!! Haven't done B&G in about a month....glad you posted this!;)

I'll have to give this one a shot. I, too, haven't explored the premixes on B&G. Have to admit, how can it be much more difficult than doing the "as is" workout (those walking lung/plies have me looking for my white flag of surrender). Thanks for the tip. I think.

I love, love, love B & G, but I always do the whole thing. Thanks for the tip about the premix, I will give it a try.

Is that the premix where you do the sequence wearing the ankle weights on your hands and knees twice? If it is, boy do I remember doing that premix! I barely mustered up enough strength to get through it the first time. Then when it started over again I almost cried! :) I sucked it up and made it through, but boy were my legs talking!! :) A great leg burner.

Is that the premix where you do the sequence wearing the ankle weights on your hands and knees twice? If it is, boy do I remember doing that premix! I barely mustered up enough strength to get through it the first time. Then when it started over again I almost cried! :) I sucked it up and made it through, but boy were my legs talking!! :) A great leg burner.

Actually this one didn't have the floor work at all and was standing stuff only. I wonder if that is the All Over Legs premix? I may have to check that one out next! :eek:

OK you ladies have motivated to check out and try the premix(es). I also have only ever done B&G as is BUT I'm always willing to let Cathe punish--oops, I mean train me (teehee).

Michele

I just checked out this premix on my workout sheet. Its 47 minutes long, no warmup included. You do 4 sets of walking lunges, 2 sets of leg press, 1 dynamic and 1 static hammer punch lunges,2 sets of one legged squats, 3 sets of the lunge/squat sequence (no wts), 2 sets of firewalkers and 1 set of low pulse lunges. The sets are all mixed up, not in order. I would call it "lunge mania" but the official name of the premix is "leg blast." I don't think I could survive it. Lunges are definitely very hard for me. I only use about 1/4 to 1/5 the wt on lunges that I do on squats. Have fun!
Beth

I did this one yesterday, I did a 3 mile run as a warm up. About 1/4 of the way through B&G, I thought I'd add in the standing work from GS legs. By the time I was done, I decided that was not a good idea.

I don't think I've ever done this premix before, and I've had B&G since it came out. Loved it!

Nan

"I decided that was not a good idea..."

This made me almost choke on my pop, laughing.:p
Quite the understatement! I hate loops that repeat. IDK why. Maybe its the lack of an attention span, but I like the workouts where you finish the set and then move on.
I think it requires a mental effort to have to finish a series of moves and realizing..." Oh NO...I 'm not doing that again!"
I just received B&G yesterday and what I did was one run through of the standing,skipped the repeat and added the fire walkers and low pulse lunges.
Then the floor work.

I find that a reasonable workout. I enjoyed the warm up in this a lot.

I love the warm up in B&G a lot, too!
The move with the most dread factor for me is Low Pulse Lunges aka "Shin Shavers". Cathe put those is Cardio Leg Blast, too! Sneaky ;)!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.