Question for those who have email through Yahoo

BAM

Cathlete
I've had a yahoo account for several years. I get lots and lots of spam. I will get spam mail with dates from 1999 to the present. Does anybody else get this and is there a way to stop it? How can they date things from so many years ago and what's the purpose of doing so? Thanks.

Bam

I have a yahoo email account also and I really don't get a lot of spam. But twice I got really weird ones. One was dated from the l990's but one was from 1972! It just showed up in the bulk mail. No one has been able to explain that one to me.

>I've had a yahoo account for several years. I get lots and
>lots of spam. I will get spam mail with dates from 1999 to
>the present. Does anybody else get this and is there a way to
>stop it? How can they date things from so many years ago and
>what's the purpose of doing so? Thanks.
>
>Bam

Close the account and start a new one.. I have cable and ocassionally i have to change it.
I use 2 of them and keep my primary for friends and the other for online crap.In case i need to delete it out..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

It has nothing to do with the type of computer, the operating system or browser that you are using.

With a mail account such as Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail you'll always be subject to spam. Just use the "report spam" option and help your provider perfect the sort process.

Within your Yahoo account, you have the ability to set up a SPAM filter. You can set it at low, medium or high (default is low, I believe). At the highest, you can specify that the only email you receive is from addresses that you preapprove.

Everything from there will filter into a specific "inbox" where you can go and just click delete. This way, you don't have to sort through everything in case there is an email that you actually want to read.

Wow, I'm glad I posted this question. As I was trying to find where to set up my spam filter, I discovered that mail that I mark as spam along with emails that I just want to delete are ending up in my trash folder together. I don't know why this is happening. I thought when I report something as spam, it just disappears and goes to yahoo as spam. I do keep getting a lot of the same spam mail even after reporting it many times. This is confusing for a non-computer person such as myself. x( I hope I can find where that spam filter is. Thanks for your help!

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.