Pure Strength Series: worth it?

crazystepr

Cathlete
I posted this in the DVD Questions/Comments forum but I wanted more opinions, so I thought I'd ask here too.....

Cathe's new May rotation calls for two weeks of the PS series. I don't currently own it and I'm wondering if it's worth the investment. I have the Gym Styles series, PUB/PLB, 4DS, Slow and Heavy, Leaner Legs, hmmmmm....that's about it for my favorite splits/strength workouts. Should I get PS? I'm not too crazy about the dated look. Should I just sub some of my other workouts for it or do you think it's really great to have?.... TIA!!!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I think, if I'm interpreting this correctly, she is hanging out waiting to see what people suggest. ;) pass the popcorn Em!

ETA
I'm really anal about having EVERY Cathe DVD, so I do have this one. The outfits and hairstyles crack me up, but I think it's fun seeing the gang in the "early" days. ;) Makes me feel like I'm looking through their old yearbook or something. As far as whether you NEED it or not, probably not. You sound like you have plenty to sub in for it. It's not a "must have", but it's a nice addition if you have the spare change for it. ;)

Honestly, you could go either way on this. I have all of the same workouts and I do use them all. I'm actually doing Pure Strength this week (although I'm doing Butts and Gutts tonight). It does have a dated look at this point, but it's still a really good workout. My arms were trembling after the triceps work this work. I just like having the added variety. The additional nice thing about Pure Strenght is that the workouts are each about 45 minutes in length (the legs is 56). It's quick and really effective. I like having it. It's not the most used of my workouts, but I definitely reach for it every other month for a full week, at least, or when I'm time crunched. I say go for it - with Cathe, you can't really have too many, can you?

I have it and I like it a lot, but honestly, if you've got S&H you don't NEED PS...but it IS nice to have. I know, not much help, am I? :p

What about someone like me who has neither S&H nor PS??? I have just about everything else ever created by Cathe, though - what else can sub for PS?

Allison, I didn't mean to confuse you with my popcorn smiley. ;) Liann was right - I was just hanging out waiting for other responses.

>What about someone like me who has neither S&H nor PS??? I
>have just about everything else ever created by Cathe, though
>- what else can sub for PS?

What about the 4DS -- just the weight work? Isn't there a 3DS premix? That's what I would use.

ETA maybe you could use the weight work from CTX, too?

If you were interested in buying either S&H or PS, I'd get S&H. ;)

>Allison, I have it and the PS legs/floorwork is a killer!
>
>Belinda

ITA! The last time I did this workout my legs were sore for a few days!

I think the PS Series is absolutely worth it. I had my best upper body results EVER when using it 2x a week.

YES!!! I love PS- I did Chest, Triceps, etc on Wednesday. They are time wise shorter than other parts vids. I had my neighbor crackin' up because my boobs always get engorged when I do chest work!

Annetete Bethel

I use my ankle weights and they work like a charm. For what it's worth, I LOVE this series! Just finished a 3 week rotation of PS. Would have gone longer but I get bored easily.

Sue

PS has some of my favorite moves of all time. I LOVE the sit 'n stands and that move where you load one end of the bb for the back. And the hamstring lifts on the box. And the Arnold Press. So many great moves on that one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.