is it possible to sell insurance and work p/t as a realtor??

RWattier

Cathlete
I need a p/t job if my husband and I can ever move and re-sell house and etc..........I was wondering if anyone works as an insurance salesperson and p/t as a realtor?? would that be conflicting interests?? Not sure, need to be making more money though! Who doesn't feel that way! LOL

I tried working part time as a realtor but my other job just got in the way. You have to be available when your buyers need you, ie, morning, noon, night, weekends, holidays, etc. I left it because, on top of being a slave to clients, you're constantly paying Dues, realtor fees, and in my area at least, they're very expensive.

It can be very lucrative if you're good at it but you need to be available otherwise your clients will find another realtor. Also, it can take up to a year to close on a house if your new to the business because you need to build up your clientele.

I'm in awe of good real estate agents because to be successful you have to be really dedicated and good with people. I'm not trying to dissuade you, this was just my experience with it. Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.