Please give your vote......

I have been back and forth for years on BFL and WW's, and I still do not have the body I want. WHY???? Because I am not consistent and stick to anything long enough for it to work. I get bored, and sick of my food, and falter. I want to decide on either plan and commit to it for 3 months and see where it leads me. Both are good plans, the food part, and along with Cathe, I think by three months I should look good, better anyway. What plan do you think is better??? I have listed pro's and con's for both, and BFL eating comes out on top. But, there are also things I prefer about WW's. My biggest thing with WW's is I am at 23 points, and that is so little food. It is hard to get adequate protein in, plus everything else. BFL has a free day, and with the holidays coming up, that is nice because you can enjoy your day and not have to worry about your points and going over. It is also easier to go out to eat on BFL. Anyway, can I have your opinions please???? THANKS!!!!
Lori S.

I happen to love WW, but it sounds like you prefer BFL. I think you should do what you like better!
23 points is a lot of food, especially if you eat a ton of veggies. Isn't a cup of vegetable 1 point? You could have a grilled chicken breast, a big salad and a side of spinach and another side of more veggies, all for under 7 points! You have to chose your points wisely, but if you eat often and well you'd be surprised how much food you can eat for 23 points and under. Plus, working out gains you a few extra points. Also, I give myself a cheat day or night on WW, and I still lose weight easily on it.
Also, as far as protein goes, you probably get enough without even trying. There's protein in almost everything, isn't there?
That's all my opinion, though. Sounds to me like you should go with BFL, which I know nothing about.
:)
Wendy

I think I would like to stick with WW's, too. I have thought so much about it today. How do you keep your food lively??? I think that is one of my biggest problems, I eat the same things so much, I get so sick of it, and then I can't find anything I can eat, and boom, I blow it. I am also a perfectionist, and I think if I blow it, I did bad. I have got to get on it, and stick with it.
Lori

Lori:

I vote for WW's, but that's cuz I love the plan. Why not take what you've learned from BFL and incorporate it with WW ... Maybe go for the protein stuff and count the points.

I'm not that familiar with the BFL way of eating, but I'm sure you could adapt it to the Points! And it's so true that you earn a few extra activity points with the workouts!

I think it's important to try different foods. They say to have fish at least 2 to 3x a week. I try to stick with that. Try some new recipes. Maybe go to a meeting.... read some motivational stuff online.

There's Pseudo eggs (egg beater), which is only 2 pts. for the whole carton. Couple it with some mushrooms and broccoli and you have a delicious 2 pts. breakfast and several veggies for the day. I have to agree that 23 pts., CAN go a long way if planned carefully!

I personally, cannot have the "one" cheat day/meal per week. I had to come to the realization that I will be on WW for the rest of my life and that this time will be the last time I have to be in the "Losing" phase..... I need to approach it as I will approach the eating plan for the rest of my life. I am trying to give up the "black and white thinking" and try to go a bit more gray. It's VERY difficult!

Do you attend meetings? They can help..... if you click with the leader. They also sell the "My Journal Diary" .... and it's 12 weeks. You could journal for your 12 weeks and see exactly what you're eating and figure out your pattern. That's 3 mos. and should put you about where you want to be.....

Ok, I know that's far more information than you asked for! ;-)

Cleda

I always think in terms of:

1. what plan can you live with long term
2. what plan re-educates your thinking about food
3. what plan teaches you how to maintain

I think WW wins, IMO.

Just Do It! :)

Sounds like BFL is the plan for you Lori! 23 points is so low! I could not live on that. Go with your instinct! Women have great instincts you know.
Linda

I'd go for the BFL. I know I wouldn't want to be deprived on Christmas! Besides, everybody needs a free day once in a while:)!!

Aimee

Lori, I tried WW & added points to my intact because of how I workout. I, too, was between 23 & 25 points, added 3 for my hard workouts. I was still STARVING. I don't know BFL all that much but from what I hear it's like Body RX--getting a lot of protein in & just watching bad carbs, right? I say go for the BFL thing.

I've actually started using fitday.com. I eat whatever I want but I log every bite into it. It can show you really good results. I'm surprised at how much I can eat & keep it under 1900 calories. And I'm not depriving myself. I even had strawberries & whip cream one night & still found I was at 1917! If you haven't already tried that, give it a shot. It's a lot of work but I am finding it well worth it. I lost 1 pound last week!

Deborah

I'm ready to take the next step! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/a_smil09.gif

Hi Lori,

I have to vote for WW because it's really the only thing that works for me. I'm on 23 points a day also, have been doing it for 9 weeks and lost 6 pounds (I don't have a lot to lose). I cheat on the weekends and still lost weight. WW allows you to incorporate all kinds of foods and vegetables are free. If you are a little creative, you can make your points go a long way. For example, I eat chicken, fish or soy for protein. 3 oz. is 3 points for chicken. I take the chicken, mix it with lettuce and other veggies, a serving of low fat italian and a small wheat pita for a 5 point salad. I also eat wheat pita pizza for suppers.

It also helps to go to the meetings and keep a journal. An hour of Cathe, I count as 5 points, but I rarely eat the extra points. And on the weekends, I don't keep the journal, but keep it in my head. You can get used to WW after a while and you know what you can eat and how much.

That's my 2cents on WW!!

Donna M

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-02 AT 12:15PM (Est)[/font][p]Thanks everyone for your opinions. I think I am going to go back to WW's. I can live with that, plus it allows me to have daily treats, which helps. I just can't seem to stick to anything!!! I do great for a couple of weeks, start feeling my weight loss, and I lose all control and blow it. I have been whimping and whining about my weight struggles on this website for a year now, and I still have the same 10-15 lbs. to lose. I guess I just have to do what Honeybunch says and "Just Do It!!"
Lori
Another thing I am going to do, is I just printed out some of the daily journals, and I am going to keep track on my own instead of online. I am going to use all of my activity points, instead of just the 4 they allow you, if I need them. Plus, I can save some, and use them on Sunday when I don't work out. I just hate to see that negative bank balance, and perfectionist that I am, it throws me off, especially when I am in my PMS mode!!!

Lori,

For lots of great food ideas try weightwatchers.com. As a registered user you can get meal plans with points every 7 days. While I've never used all 7 days I get great ideas there. I like WW online much better than the meetings. I can do all the things they do in the meetings and more at anytime that is convenient for me.

Good luck!

Katie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.