Pimple or fever blister?

KimDW

Cathlete
Last Friday I noticed what I thought was a pimple on the outer edge of my bottom lip ( it's actually not ON my lip but right underneath it on the lipline). It hurts like hell and I still have it. I've squeezed it and did get a little something white out of it and put alcohol on it ( that usually helps my pimples go away faster). It looks gross. When I tighten my bottom lip over my teeth I can see white under the skin. I have never in my lifetime (I'm 31) had a fever blister so is it possible that this is what it could be? I thought you had to carry the virus to get those. I showed it to the girl I work with because she has always gotten fever blisters and she said it looked like a pimple to her. I don't know if I should treat it like a pimple or what. Help.
Kimbra

Fever blisters (are they the same as cold sore?) are actually on the lips (or inside the mouth). Sounds like you have a pimple. I've had a couple of those.

Fever blister can occur on the lip and around the lip as well. Usually, one can "feel" a fever blister coming on. Did you have any sensation? If not, it is probably a pimple-a whitehead. They can be painful, too.
Lorrie

I will tell you that I was about 30 myself when I started getting fever blisters (cold sores). The only thing I ever get out of them when they first start is a clear liquid. So if you got something white it might just be a pimple. I use a presription for my cold sores so they don't get bad because they are very painful....Carole

Carole,
You look great. It's the first time I have seen your picture. A lot of ladies have been putting their pics up thanks to Marion's challenge, and they look good too. I think I will get someone to take a pic of me then put my pic up.

Thanks Cathy!....:)...yes Marion really got this all started and I think it is great to see everyone. Can't wait for your pic....:)...Carole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.