Is the "Perfect Pushup" worth it?

I bought this at Walgreens years ago. HAD to have it. Have I ever used it? Nope...:rolleyes:

Maybe someone here will post something positive about it that will encourage me to dig it out and dust it off! :p

I bought this at Walgreens years ago. HAD to have it. Have I ever used it? Nope...:rolleyes:

Maybe someone here will post something positive about it that will encourage me to dig it out and dust it off! :p

Same here! Never used mine :p isn't it sad! I have the same probleme with workout DVDs:confused::rolleyes:

Yes - love them!

Clothing, Toys, Electronics, Jewelry, Jaclyn Smith - Kmart.com

I received this for a gift. Does anyone else use this to do pushups? Yay or nay?
I use mine all the time. They make pushups harder, so you have to do fewer of them. I use the Iron Gym pull-up bar, too Pushups & chin ups are all you need for an upper body workout, IMO. The best for definition, too. Mind you, I LOVE pushups! Love what they do, anyway!

Oh I have a few dvds that I bought and have never done too! LOL[/QUOTE

LOL, glad I am not the only one;) did you order Cathe's new DVDs? I am on the fence:confused: like I said, I have way to many DVDs already, I been doing STS for 7 1/2 month now (still have a month left!), haven't played much around with Cathe's last series:( have lots to catch up too!

Oh I have a few dvds that I bought and have never done too! LOL[/QUOTE

LOL, glad I am not the only one;) did you order Cathe's new DVDs? I am on the fence:confused: like I said, I have way to many DVDs already, I been doing STS for 7 1/2 month now (still have a month left!), haven't played much around with Cathe's last series:( have lots to catch up too!

Yeah, I pre-ordered immediately! :p I am 2 weeks into the LIS/STS 3 month transformation rotation currently so I am using the new series to the fullest! I also used them quite a lot during that first month after they were released. I REALLY LOVE THIS SET! :)

Holy cow that's a long STS rotation!:eek: How are you liking the pyramid set up of the rotation anyway? I considered doing that at one point too...

Hubby bought a set. I don't use them, why? Because Cathe doesn't (except in MIS) and because I don't care to. I have used them a few times and yes, they elevate you so a) you can go lower/deeper and b) alleviate some wrist issues. They turn, too, so you can have your hands in any position throughout the exercise and that can be a negative because it can feel unstable.

Yeah, I pre-ordered immediately! :p I am 2 weeks into the LIS/STS 3 month transformation rotation currently so I am using the new series to the fullest! I also used them quite a lot during that first month after they were released. I REALLY LOVE THIS SET! :)

Holy cow that's a long STS rotation!:eek: How are you liking the pyramid set up of the rotation anyway? I considered doing that at one point too...

LOL! Wendy, I love every minute of the STS pyramid style rotation. I know my body needs a break after 8 1/2 month doing STS, otherwise I would start STS all over again:p Just love STS! I will do M1 next Monday. After my recovery week I will play around with LIS. Need to play around with the LIS set, so I know what everyone is raving about:D Are you still doing BR's? Maybe I giving them a try one day?? So many choices and so little time:p

BTW, do you have the BR's dip station? If so, how do you like it?

LOL! Wendy, I love every minute of the STS pyramid style rotation. I know my body needs a break after 8 1/2 month doing STS, otherwise I would start STS all over again:p Just love STS! I will do M1 next Monday. After my recovery week I will play around with LIS. Need to play around with the LIS set, so I know what everyone is raving about:D Are you still doing BR's? Maybe I giving them a try one day?? So many choices and so little time:p

BTW, do you have the BR's dip station? If so, how do you like it?

Glad you are loving the rotation!

This LIS/STS rotation is as close as I have come to doing another STS rotation since completing the 5.5 month one I finished back in July 2011. :p

I did BR the majority of the time between finishing STS in July and starting this rotation a couple weeks ago and I do intend to go back to it in between rotations of other work outs/programs too! :D I have the ultimate press dip station which is the one they use(d) a lot in BR and I LOVE it! They now mostly use the equalizer which I won't be buying but the dip station rocks! ;)

Glad you are loving the rotation!

This LIS/STS rotation is as close as I have come to doing another STS rotation since completing the 5.5 month one I finished back in July 2011. :p

I did BR the majority of the time between finishing STS in July and starting this rotation a couple weeks ago and I do intend to go back to it in between rotations of other work outs/programs too! :D I have the ultimate press dip station which is the one they use(d) a lot in BR and I LOVE it! They now mostly use the equalizer which I won't be buying but the dip station rocks! ;)

Thanks for you input!! Maybe later on I will do LIS/STS rotation. I need a few weeks off heavy lifting. Not sure, what I will do after STS??

I have the basic ones as well. I got them because I thought it would be easier on my wrists. But they make my hands hurt--probably because my hands are really small. The rotation makes me feel unstable as well. The only time I dust mine off is to do kettlebell pushups because I don't have two kettlebells the same size.

I use mine all the time. They make pushups harder, so you have to do fewer of them. I use the Iron Gym pull-up bar, too Pushups & chin ups are all you need for an upper body workout, IMO. The best for definition, too. Mind you, I LOVE pushups! Love what they do, anyway!

I use mine a lot as well - they make push-ups much more comfortable, as I naturally do twist a bit apparently and this thing moves with me perfectly. I don't like doing push-ups without them anymore!

I have them and use them time-to-time. I do find they make pushups more comfortable from a hand and wrist perspective. They allow you to go deeper as well, so can offer a greater challenge. As a matter of fact, as I type this, I think I will start using them more with STS. I think they would be extremely helpful in making triceps pushups more doable for me. I think staggered pushups, as well, because you can slightly adjust your hand position to make them more comfortable. If they were a gift, I say keep them.

Thanks for the input. I'm really on the fence. My biggest reason for not keeping them, like another poster said, is that Cathe doesn't use them. I am going to think more about it though and give them an honest try. :D

There are some Cathe DVDs where she uses hand weights instead and she mentions using push-up bars - someone in the video may even use them. But she has made mention of them in her videos if that makes you feel better.

I got one, bought them 3 years ago but hardly use it. I agree on some people comments that it makes it harder to do push up!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.