Paleo

wonderwoman

Cathlete
I have been eating Paleo for a few weeks and I have been feeling great! However, I know there are some of you ladies out there who are also Paleo and was wondering if any of you are experiencing oily skin and menstruation changes.

Hey there!

I have been Paleo now for almost 2 years and I would say I am strictly Paleo 90% of the time allowing for cheese a couple of times a week and glass of wine maybe twice a week. As far as skin goes, I have always been oily and it continues to be oily - I have had trouble however finding the right birth control pill because my skin seems to be reacting strongly to the ones I have tried in the last couple of years and not in a good way. :( I think that is more of a hormonal issue but I firmly believe that what we eat affects everything in our bodies so I'm not sure... As far as mensturation, no changes. So, all in all, not much help...:p

Natalie

I have been paleo for almost a year now and love it! I, too, have always had oily skin and that hasn't changed, but the tone and texture and look of my skin has - for the better! As far as mensturation, from the little I have read on this, eating paleo can and should start to regulate your hormones which can cause changes. Sorry if this is tmi, but for me I have been on the pill for years and my period has always started on Wed.. It now starts on Tues so there may be something too the whole regulating hormone thing - I don't know! Its just a change I've noticed in myself. Also, I have much easier periods when I am sticking closer to paleo. At times when I go rogue and start eating bad I have noticed that I have much more cramping and irritability. What kind of changes have you been experiencing? For better or worse?

The changes I've had are all wonderful. I just feel better can't explain it tho. I feel more alert aware of everything. I have alot more energy than before. I feel light and my stomach is not bloated anymore. My mental clarity is getting better but I do have 2 small girls so I know that has something to do with my outburst of craziness sometimes ;) I really did not lose any weight but I was not really looking for that benefit. I noticed more muscle definition too. The benefits just go on and on. :0

My skin is a bit more oily I've always had normal skin. I'm thinking it may be all the yummy fats I eat now. (WARNING TMI AHEAD) My mentrual cycle is changing. This month I spotted in between my cycle and cramping for approx 2 days. That has never happened to me before but I'm not sure if it's my diet or just hormones in general. I will be 40 Apr 2014 and have notice so many changes in my body. I am so intune of everything that is going on with my body. I feel every pinch,every tick, just everything. I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing. It's annoying.
I could also hear/feel my heartbeat in my ears. It doesn't happen all day long but usually happens at night while I'm lying in bed. Don't know if it's my diet but I've read (PALEO HACKS)
that it has happened to others as well.

But overall I love Paleo and plan on sticking with it.
Thanks!

Just wanted to say good for you! I made the switch about 18 months ago and I really think of it as a lifestyle now as opposed to a "diet." I've also been following more closely Mark Sisson's approach to Primal Fitness. Still have a ways to go but I'm really enjoying it so far. One of the first things I noticed was my premenstrual fatigue has pretty much disappeared and energy and mental clarity are sooooo much better.

I've finally been able to give up peanut butter and once I'm rid of my daily wine can't wait to see what happens!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.