P90x and Freestyle legs

taprice

Cathlete
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying P90x, but I'm having great results doing freestyle for legs. I need something new for upper body. Can I effectively integrate the two, and if so, about how much time would I have to spend each day?

Thanks,

Tracy

Hi Tracy....I actually am doing a P90X rotation with freestyle and running for my cardio. I think you can integrate them both but yes it will take some time. With doing freesyle 4-6 days a week (you might have to go to 4 days) You could get by with 90 min a day. Most of the P90X workouts are about an hour long. P90X Yoga is 90 min but I have done other power yogas that are closer to 60 min. I made it fine thru the first week of this rotation. I did Freestlye 5 days of the week...I do sometimes add some Cathe upper body if I feel like I need to but P90X is awesome for upper body and core work....:)...Carole

Thanks Carole, I guess I'm going to get P90x. It'll be a stretch to get 90 minutes in during the work week, but I probably can do it since the holidays are over.

Tracy

Hi Tracy & Carole,

I am planning on doing the same thing with my next P90X rotation. Sounds like it will take a bit more time, but will be worth it, I'm sure. I'm planning my rotation to finish in the late spring, once short & tank top weather returns to MT!!

Tracy, if you want. I'll keep track of my time this week and let you know. I am sure you can get by with 60 min some days. The P90X Legs & Back workout can be used for a freestyle leg day and it takes about an hour total. I have more time on Mondays and Saturdays so that's when I try for a longer workout.

Edie...that would be very good timing on your part! I didn't realize how much I missed P90X! I decided to do it now while waiting for Cathe's new DVD's....:)...Carole

Hi Carole-

I just posted a reply on the Freestyle Rotation post and think you'd be the perfect person to help me! Do you think you could take a look at it if you get the chance? I know you are busy!

Thank you!!

Kristen :)

I just started a P90X rotation and am also interested in freestyle. What would a combination of the two be like? I'd be doing P90X one day, say, chest and back, and then....what? What would the rest of the workout look like? I think I am really confused because I thought freestyle training was for legs only. I missed something somewhere along the line.

I'm going to check out freestyle though. I think P90x is going to bulk my legs too much.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Kristen...I'll be happy to go and check your question out...:)

Sparrow first off P90X will NOT bulk your legs as there is only one DVD (one workout a week)with actual Leg exercises. Freestyle is for legs and abs for the pear shaped that bulks with heavy weight workouts in the lower body. Freestyle is done 4-6 days a week, so adding it to an actual P90X rotation will take some extra time.....:)...Carole

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.