Out of the mouths of babes

Aquajock

Cathlete
Even though I'm blissfully child-free by choice, even I'm not immune to the charms of children. Thought you all would get a kick out of this recipe published in our paper last night, from Alicia (age 6):

"Eggs a la Alicia"
(Serves 1)

1 egg
1 tbsp milk
1 squirt Tabasco
Sprinkle of shredded cheese
1 slice of ham, chopped

Crack egg in a bowl. Carefully pick out the little shell pieces if any get in the bowl, because they always do. Add milk and a BAM! of Tabasco. Mix with a scrambler thing. Spray a frying pan with a special spray so eggs won't stick. Pour eggs in pan. Flip eggs over with a spatula. Eggs are done when they are kind of brown. Put cheese and ham on top.

(Note: even this is beyond my cooking skills.)

Isn't that cute?! :)

A-jock

The late Ann Landers published a column a few years ago that was a compendium of answers to science quizzes for middle-school children. The ones that really made me incontinent were:

"If a woman faints, pour water on her head and wrists. If she stays faint, put her head between the legs of the nearest medical doctor."

AND

"The body has three cavities - the brainium, the borax and the abominable cavity. The brainium contains the brain. The borax contains the heart and lunges. The abominable cavity contains the bowls, of which there are five - A, E, I, O and U."

A-jock
Still Crazy After All These Years

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.