The One-Star Bandit has struck again!!

jloewe

Cathlete
Just nailed me over on the Peeps board.....ohhhhh the pain...just when you thought it was safe to venture onto other boards...the ruthlessness of the OSB has no boundries..will we ever live in a world where it's safe to post again, my friends!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!:eek:

Am I the only idiot who has NO IDEA where the stars come from or why they are there???? Is there like a secret star button or something???? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Worse yet, until I saw a previous post about stars i never even noticed them!!!!!

You're a STAR in my book Jerry!!!
Does that count???

ellie

Hey, I just looked above where you post and there are all kinds of buttons I never even knew about!!!
Chat- with whom???
Members List-cool!!!
FAQ- I guess i should have looked at this one first huh????
New post!!!!!- means i don't have to read every thread and every board??? Really, is that what it does???

And I finally found the darn search button eveyone kept telling me to use!!!! Got it now!!!

ellie
PS Where do these little icons beneath the post go?????

I just gave you a 5 to bring it up to a 3.
You can rate your own thread Jerry;) Go on, give yourself a 5!!!!!

And I brought it up to 4! (Though I do think we would all be wiser to ignore the the star rating system in future. :))

And I brought it up to 4! (Though I do think we would all be wiser to ignore the the star rating system in future. :))

That's it..together, we can defeat the OSB!!!!!!!!!!! Although I do agree with Vee that ignorance towards the rating system is the best option!

Hey Jerry,

Rebel that I am, I gave you 5 stars too ;) ....but the rating of the post didn't budge. I'm beginning to wonder if the star count is fixed or if mine count. Hmmm.......

Anyway.....in general, I just read the new posts. I certainly don't base which posts I'll read on how many stars someone else arbitrarily felt it deserved nor do I feel that all the posts with 5 stars give me any more knowledge than the ones with one or two.

Happy posting!

When I figure out how to do it, I'll give ya' a five too :D

Last edited:
Just nailed me over on the Peeps board.....ohhhhh the pain...just when you thought it was safe to venture onto other boards...the ruthlessness of the OSB has no boundries..will we ever live in a world where it's safe to post again, my friends!!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!:eek:

What's the "peeps board"? i'm an uninformed loser

I just gave ya a 5 Jerry.

I'm going to join the uninformed losers club and ask what's the peeps board?

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Ok Jer -- I just voted you a 5 too. This was the very first time I've ever used a star rating system. Are you serious? People actually take the time to vote threads? I honestly never knew this. WHy would someone vote a 1 star on a check-in board? And I guess I would ask -- if you are the person who did that, can you enlighten the rest of us? :confused::confused::confused:

Hey Jerry - it happened to me the other day on a thread on started! Even though I didn't put a lot of stock into it - it still sort of stung!!

Keep postin' and pay no attention to the OSB!

I think I may have put on over the edge here Jer !

Just so ya know (even though you have no idea who I am ;)), I always read your threads ! You are inspiring and thought provoking !:D

And I wish I was on the other side of the country so I could join in the tri-state GTG's.

The One Star Bandit... :D!!!!!!!

The one-star thing cracks me up. I find it so funny that someone has time to sit there, ponder the value of a particular thread, and then come to the conclusion, "Only one star for you!"

Ultimately, I'd love to see the rating option disabled, but until then, I think I'm going to enjoy the absurdity of it. If the OSB is reading this, I request one star for all of my threads (especially if it's a Happy Birthday thread or something equally innocent). Seriously. :)

What's the "peeps board"? i'm an uninformed loser

Yeah, I don't know what the "peeps board" either :confused:. Could someone post, please?
Also I didn't figure out what OSB meant until further into the thread.
(One Star Bandit). Ya gotta spell it out for me, I guess!

no worries ladies... "Peeps" is a daily checkin under the Check-ins & Challenges forum :)

I agree that I never really pay much attention to the rating of a thread and have NEVER rated one... can't for the life of me figure out what value that option is... we all have our own thoughts and should be free to express them within the guidelines of forum rules and who am I to judge the contents of someone elses post?! ;)

I think the whole 'star rating' thing should be disabled.
It serves no useful purpose I can see, is not informative, and just invites people to give props to their 'friends,' diss those they don't like, or futz things up because they have nothing better to do with their time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.