once or twice per week

kariev

Cathlete
how often do you all hit a muscle group: once or twice per week? I ask b/c of all the info i'm reading that says hitting a muscle group once per week isn't enough frequency yet when you talk to fitness competitors thats what they do and thats what Cathe does and look at her.

If you go HEAVY and hit it HARD I believe once a week is enough. I have personally seen results from this so I know it can work.

For endurance style work outs I do twice per week, even 3 times depending upon the type of rotation I am following.

I have had great results working one bodypart/day/week. That is my favorite way to strength train and seems to really work for my body type. ( I don't build muscle very easily, either.)

The trick though is that you totally have to focus and work hard on that bodypart that day. No slacking, because you won't be hitting it for another week! The good thing is that because you are only working that 1 bodypart that day, you end up being able to focus better on it...as opposed to having to concentrate on 2 or more bodyparts in your workout.

Take care, Lynn M.

The way I understand it, the body builders really hit it hard, like Wendy and Lynn said. They totally max out and lift as heavy as they possibly can. Doing that once a week is the best way to build mass, I believe.

I prefer to work each body part twice a week. I just like it better. I generally work more for endurance and strength though. I'm not as interested in hypertrophy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.