Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Omron vs Tanita

This is a discussion on Omron vs Tanita within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I just bought an Omron Body Fat analyzer. My BF% was almost 6% lower with this vs my measurement with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2005, 04:52 AM
Cathlete

Default Omron vs Tanita

I just bought an Omron Body Fat analyzer.
My BF% was almost 6% lower with this vs my measurement with my Tanita scale. I have heard the Tanita is more accurate for lower body BF% and the Omron for upper body BF%. Perhaps I should average the two readings to get a more accurate measurement for total BF%?
Also when I switched the setting from athlete to normal, my BF% went up by more than 1%. How can that be?