Oldies (and I DON'T MEAN US!!)

murph

Cathlete
During my recent stay in Wienie World due to a tailbone injury, the Upside is that I've gone through All of my Old Tapes (I have 105 tapes--but, no more.) I have really been able to weed some out to the bone pile. GONZO.

Would you believe I still had and tried

Jane Fonda Low Impact (1986)--gag--the worst of ALL of them.
Cindy Crawford (both of them)
Jane Fonda Step and Abs
Kathy Smith Step
Kathy Smith Fat Burner
Jane Fonda Lean Routine
Jane Fonda Complete Workout

one oldie that I liked again was Super Callanetics (1988)
Callan Pickney has some elements of Pilates, Yoga, isometrics and stretch. I'll keep that one.

Anybody else with some 1980's tapes around?

Yep!

My oldest tape is Jane Fonda's Workout w/ Weights. It's actually a solid workout if you don't mind seeing Jane in a hot pink unitard (she changes to a leopard print unitard for the 2nd workout). Her co-lead (Dan Isaakson) looks like a Bruce Jenner wannabe.

Also have Firm Vol's 1 & 2 from the '80's which can still kick my butt. The leg warmers, braless exercisers, & sex kitten voices are more funny than irritating.

Have to admit that I too owned the Cindy Crawford tapes along with some other Jane Fonda videos.

We all had to start somewhere. My first tape was a Joyce Vedral. Maybe her later tapes are better, I don't know, but the one I had looks like garbage to me now. But I have to remind myself it DID get me started into something I love now!
I also have some Jane Fonda's. I don't think there's anything really wrong with them, but I don't like them.
I actually liked Cindy's first tape, but more for the photography than anything else!

Wanna Smile?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-01 AT 01:20AM (Est)[/font][p]my oldest tape.......
silly

how to strip for your husband!!

strutting and not looking stupid in those 5 inch spike heels is alot tougher than a squatting a 40lb barbell!

RE: Wanna Smile?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-01 AT 01:24AM (Est)[/font][p]

Its a real workout for the calves!

}>

I have a Denise Austin tape, Rock Aerobics, that is ancient. She looks like a kid! I still use it once in a great while when I want 20 minute all aerobics with no choreography.

I still have my first tapes:

Step Reebok
Kathy Smith Step Workout
Gilad taped off the TV
Denise Austin taped off the TV
Fitness Pros taped off the TV
and even Richard Simmons

When I first started with tapes I could barely get through Sweatin to the Oldies. In two years I progressed to Cathe on 8" step.

Then another couple of babies, some health problems which knocked me back to Kathy Smith and Gin Miller. Next comes Karen Voight and finally I am doing Cathe, Kari, Christi, etc.

But I cannot part with my industrial strength Gin Miller. As much as everyone makes fun of those dark sets... I felt so "hip" at the time getting those and to be honest I still like the production values and music of any Reebok tape.

What a fun trip down memory lane!! (Somehow I steered clear of Jane Fonda since 1990, but I remember doing her stuff in the early 80's at a friend's house (and she made me sore for days so I think she deserves alot of credit for popularizing exercise videos.)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.