Newbie here again with a question

Calico

Cathlete
I have only 2 Cathe videos thus far and I need advice on what to get next. I have Power Hour and Circuit Max. I purposely chose Circuit Max because it only had the 2 segments of her step in it. I have done and do step using other people and actually I am afraid of Cathe's all step videos. I am still quite a clutz on the step especially advance step tapes. So my question is with my clutziness in mind where shall I go from here with Cathe's videos. All the explanations I read on this site for the videos say highly choreographied(spelling?) or intense stepping and I don't necessarily want to spend hours just learning a new tape. I already to taebo and kickboxing so I guess I could try her Kickbox or Cardio Kicks I was just trying for something different from what I already do. I do like her weight tape that I have so I could get another one of those too. I am rambling so pleeeeaaaasee stop me!!! I guess I just don't want to hurt myself on a step tape with as many times as I fall off in the short step routine in the Circuit Max tape.

Any advice will be grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

God bless you all!!

Annette

Hi Annette,

I would definitely go for Cardio Kicks, it is fantastic, i couldn't live without it AND it is brilliant for the saddlebags, in other words, mine are reducing thanks to this workout :D :D :D
Or even, start off with Mega Step Blast or Cathe's Wedding workout. I started out with these, and one of the only step workouts I had mastered really well was Keli Roberts' Ultimate Step Workout. Mega Step Blast, choreographically, is easier than Wedding, but you do get an hour of floor work, weights and abs to boot with the Wedding video :)

Let us know what you decide upon

Anna :)

I agree with Anna. Start out with one of her earlier videos. StepMax is another good one. Cathe breaks down her choreo so well, that you'll be moving right along to her more difficult tapes quickly.

Also, Maximum Intensity Cardio has a few tricky moves for newcomers, but it also has a hi/lo section. It was my first Cathe and it didn't take me long to catch on.

Andrea

Thanks gals, for the info concerning a more beginner type Cathe video.....

I will let you know what I decide to get. I just needed to know which ones were simpler to follow and you gals came through with suggestions. Another quick question : Which is better cardio kicks or Kickbox? Just wondering if the moves are different and I do realize the the Kickbox has the weights section at the end but other than that are the similar with the moves and all?

Thanks again for all your help.

God bless you!!

Annette

RE: Thanks gals, for the info concerning a more beginner type Cathe video.....

I think the main difference between Cardio Kicks and Kickbox is that CK is a 60 min. workout and Kickbox is a 30 min. workout. Both are great workouts. Kickbox has those killer plyo scissors where CK doesn't. CK also has more intensity power drills at the end.

If I had to choose I'd take CK.

Andrea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.