Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

New Wen Scents - spoiler alert

This is a discussion on New Wen Scents - spoiler alert within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi all - For those of you who like to be surprised each season by the announcement of the new ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Cathlete

Default New Wen Scents - spoiler alert

Hi all -

For those of you who like to be surprised each season by the announcement of the new Wen scents, read no further.

I just heard that the spring seasonal scent is gardenia green tea (or green tea gardenia). If anybody tries it, would you mind sharing your opinion? I like gardenias, but don't have an burning urge to try this unless it's exceptional.

On the other hand, the summer scent will be mango coconut...I'll be all over that. :-)

Just thought you'd like to know!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Cathlete
TRSTACIE's Profile Fields

Mango coconut sounds good. I don't use Wen but I assume you do. Do you like it? I have tried the non-chemical shampoo DevaCurl has and didn't care for it so I have been scared to try Wen.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Cathlete

Talking wen

You are way behind in your news. I already have the spring scent, see the wen thread a little below this one

Karen
Old 02-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Cathlete
mspina's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to mspina

I ordered the spring scent earlier today - and now I can't wait for the summer scent!!!!!!!!! I still have a TON of both fall and winter (I buy 3 at a time), and love both of them.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by silbow
You are way behind in your news. I already have the spring scent, see the wen thread a little below this one

Karen
Not to be too defensive, but this thread was actually started first. I just thought others might like to know...it was new news to me.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSTACIE
Mango coconut sounds good. I don't use Wen but I assume you do. Do you like it? I have tried the non-chemical shampoo DevaCurl has and didn't care for it so I have been scared to try Wen.
I do like it...I have lots of hair, but it's fine and wavy, so looks "fly away". I used to keep it short for this reason, because as it would grow out it would become more fly away, but now it's getting longer (still not shoulder length) and it looks better than it has in the past when I've grown it out. I attribute that to Wen...I like what it does for my hair, but it's not an absolute miracle worker...just makes it better.

I've never tried the devacurl, so can't help with a comparison. Its pretty expensive, so I can understand not wanting to end up with something you don't like. Yeah, qvc will take it back, but you're out the pretty steep shipping charges and have to find the time to get it to ups. Are u by any chance coming to one of the road trips? If so, I'm happy to bring some for you to try (assuming we'll be able to lift our arms high enough to do that!). I've even been thinking of suggesting a roadtrip Wen exchange where folks could trade scents that don't work for them...

Anyway, hope this helps!
Old 03-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Cathlete

Just saw this....I love the idea of an "exchange" of scents at the RT! Brilliant idea! I will be at the Chicago RT. Is any one else interested in this?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Cathlete
TRSTACIE's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixoo View Post
I do like it...I have lots of hair, but it's fine and wavy, so looks "fly away". I used to keep it short for this reason, because as it would grow out it would become more fly away, but now it's getting longer (still not shoulder length) and it looks better than it has in the past when I've grown it out. I attribute that to Wen...I like what it does for my hair, but it's not an absolute miracle worker...just makes it better.

I've never tried the devacurl, so can't help with a comparison. Its pretty expensive, so I can understand not wanting to end up with something you don't like. Yeah, qvc will take it back, but you're out the pretty steep shipping charges and have to find the time to get it to ups. Are u by any chance coming to one of the road trips? If so, I'm happy to bring some for you to try (assuming we'll be able to lift our arms high enough to do that!). I've even been thinking of suggesting a roadtrip Wen exchange where folks could trade scents that don't work for them...

Anyway, hope this helps!
I just saw that you posted a response! I don't know how I missed it!

Thanks for the information about Wen. I have really wavy and super thick hair that is a bit of a challenge to maintain. I wish I was going to a road trip -- you are so lucky that you get to go. Thanks for the nice offer as well. I might bite the bullet and just try it out. I was waiting for the summer scent to come out. Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLaura
Just saw this....I love the idea of an "exchange" of scents at the RT! Brilliant idea! I will be at the Chicago RT. Is any one else interested in this?
Well, I'm interested, but have just been too busy to put a thread out there. Will try to do it this weekend. I'm looking forward to meeting you in Chicago...still can't believe how lucky I am to et to go!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSTACIE

I just saw that you posted a response! I don't know how I missed it!

Thanks for the information about Wen. I have really wavy and super thick hair that is a bit of a challenge to maintain. I wish I was going to a road trip -- you are so lucky that you get to go. Thanks for the nice offer as well. I might bite the bullet and just try it out. I was waiting for the summer scent to come out. Thanks for the tip!
I'd wait for the summer scent. I ended up caving and etting the spring scent. It's perfectly nice, but, to my nose, is not different/special. I guess there are so many floral shampoo fragrances it's hard to sand out. The formula works well, though. Good luck!