Need product opinions on...Mary Kay and George Foreman

banslug

Cathlete
What a combo, hugh? Mary Kay and George Foreman! lol Imagine them as a couple! LOL

OK...I ineed product opinions on both things.

First, Mary Kay. I consider myself VERY low maintenance and very frugal. I can get showered, dressed, hair dried, makeup on and out the door in all of 20 minutes. My makeup routine includes lotion, liquid foundation, pressed powder, light line of eye liner, and mascara. Nothing fancy. I've got normal skin (no oil, no dry patches, no acne or complexion issues) and the only thing I do to my skin is remove my mascara every single night. I recently won the 2-step lip 'stuff' from my friend, a MK rep, and LOVE this stuff. It's an exfoliant step followed by moisturizing step for your lips. LOVE IT! IT got me thinking that maybe I should start doing the same for my face. What are your opinions on the Time Wise stuff for your face??? Worth the money?

Second, George Foreman. I want the GF grill, but wanted to see what others thought. Also, does anybody have his Baby Rotisserie that holds up to a 5# chicken??? Kohl's has a pretty good deal on the combo pack of the 133 sq ft GF grill and the Baby Rotisserie that I may buy myself for Christmas from Santa. Thoughts? Opinions??

THANK YOU for any and all input!!!!!

Gayle

Hi Gayle,

I can't really comment on the Mary Kay question. I'm have problem skin and I have to take good care of it but I don't spend too much time on it. I do spend more $$$ on some of my skin care products but they work and are worth it.

I have the GF grill and LOVE it!! I use it almost every night. I throw on chicken breasts, fish, turkeys burgers, etc. It really helps when you are eating healthy and it takes less than 10 minutes to cook most things. I make a great grill sandwich with salmon and a little bit of cheese. I'm on my second grill (I keep getting bigger ones). Make sure you get the kind with the removable plates. It's a breeze to clean.

HTH

Hi Gayle,

I've been using Mary Kay products for years, mostly the skin care stuff, and like them a lot. I'm pretty low maintenance as well. I generally buy my MK stuff from eBay, and find that I can save quite a bit of money. There are several good sellers that sell the products I use most often (Timewise 3-in-1 Cleanser and Moisturizer) in lots of 2. I usually end up saving roughly 30%-40%.

RE: Need product opinions on...Mary Kay and George Fore...

Gayle:

I've attended Mary Kay parties twice (with about 5 years in-between) and purchased the entire line both times. (I'm such an easy sell!) Yes it works good -- but I'm low maintenance too -- and can never get into doing all the steps. So I've ended up throwing out. Now, I'm not saying it isn't good -- just not worth the money if you aren't going to use it every morning and night. So for me that cheap stuff at the store works fine - Dove cleans off my make-up just as well. I must say -- you do NEED to get that make-up off every night!! No matter what you use, your skin will look better!

I have a GF - and LOVE IT!! So go out and get one!! Mine does NOT have removeable plates -- so it is a huge pain to clean -- so get the version with removeable plates so you can throw them in the sink to clean.

Now - not to change the subject -- but Gayle, I've been a lurker for a long time -- and let me just tell you -- your are an inspiration to all of us!!! :) You rock!!

Have fun shopping!
Michelle

Thanks, everybody, for all the input.

I think the GF is a DEFINITE must-have under Mom's pile from Santa! And THANKS for the tip on the removable plates. I didn't think the GF had them. I actually have an indoor thing very similar to the GF with removable plates, and they also are interchangable with waffle grids and with flat grids...but it's flat (not inclined like the GF so all the food sits in its own grease, yuck)!

MK...another subject. I'm on the fence. I MAY use the stuff, or I may just use it for a while and grow bored of it. lol I'll sit on that one till the weekend, when my friend is having her open house.

Michelle-----WOW! Thanks for throwing me for a loop! THANKS for your kind words! How thoughtful of you, and VERY much appreciated!

Gayle

I use some MK stuff and have used the timewise, but there are cheaper and better/just as good drugstore brands. I like the Garnier products. The one MK product that I LOVE is the illuminating pen. It works great and I will continue to buy that.

I use some MK stuff and have used the timewise, but there are cheaper and better/just as good drugstore brands. I like the Garnier products. The one MK product that I LOVE is the illuminating pen. It works great and I will continue to buy that.

I think a George Foremen grill is a must. It grills everything in minutes, and it's easy to use. To be able to take the grills off would make it alot easier to clean. My one dislike is that they are awkward to clean.
I've used alot of cosemetics. I think you would be better off with the Oil of Olay products. You can buy them anytime at Walmart and many people on this forum like them.
I also need to add that I think you "rock". You are an awesome person with a fanastic attitude! I'm always happy to see you on these forums!
Ellen:7

I think a George Foremen grill is a must. It grills everything in minutes, and it's easy to use. To be able to take the grills off would make it alot easier to clean. My one dislike is that they are awkward to clean.
I've used alot of cosemetics. I think you would be better off with the Oil of Olay products. You can buy them anytime at Walmart and many people on this forum like them.
I also need to add that I think you "rock". You are an awesome person with a fanastic attitude! I'm always happy to see you on these forums!
Ellen:7

I can't help you with the MK subject, but I do agree with everyone else. The GF is a must have!

I can't help you with the MK subject, but I do agree with everyone else. The GF is a must have!

Just in case you werent convinced... the GF is great. Mine has removable plates... a breaze to clean. The SO left it on once after we removed dinner....I didnt realize.... it grew breasts on the top, but still works like a champ. Now I laugh every time I look at it.

Just in case you werent convinced... the GF is great. Mine has removable plates... a breaze to clean. The SO left it on once after we removed dinner....I didnt realize.... it grew breasts on the top, but still works like a champ. Now I laugh every time I look at it.

Just for a heads up, MK also makes those wipes that you wet then clean your face with. Those with a little moisturizer and your set. They also make tinted moisturizer if you want to eliminate one more step:)

Nicole

Bring it!!!

http://images.meez.com/user16/07/02/09/070209_10019023368.gif[/img][/url]

Just for a heads up, MK also makes those wipes that you wet then clean your face with. Those with a little moisturizer and your set. They also make tinted moisturizer if you want to eliminate one more step:)

Nicole

Bring it!!!

http://images.meez.com/user16/07/02/09/070209_10019023368.gif[/img][/url]

Hey Gayle, :)

My sister used to sell MK part-time...the products are good...I esp. liked the lip stuff you mentioned and the hand lotion, but I fell out of using them. If you are really into it, though, you might consider becoming a rep. The products cost you half of what you sell them for.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Hey Gayle, :)

My sister used to sell MK part-time...the products are good...I esp. liked the lip stuff you mentioned and the hand lotion, but I fell out of using them. If you are really into it, though, you might consider becoming a rep. The products cost you half of what you sell them for.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Thanks, again, everyone! BF asked me last night what's on my Christmas list and guess what I told him....GF with removable plates! LOL He said he didn't want to get me something 'practical'...and I wondered....is a diamond ring practical? HA! just kidding.

Ellen-thanks SOOOO much for your kind words as well!

Cathy-I'm not into it THAT much! LOL

Gaijin-now I'm picturing the REAL George Foreman with breasts! THANKS! LOL

Gayle

Thanks, again, everyone! BF asked me last night what's on my Christmas list and guess what I told him....GF with removable plates! LOL He said he didn't want to get me something 'practical'...and I wondered....is a diamond ring practical? HA! just kidding.

Ellen-thanks SOOOO much for your kind words as well!

Cathy-I'm not into it THAT much! LOL

Gaijin-now I'm picturing the REAL George Foreman with breasts! THANKS! LOL

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.