Need to Make a Decision--HELP!

motherofsix

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,
I recently sold one of my Cathe beginner DVD's and my old small step to a friend who is just beginning her Cathe adventure. Well now I have enough money to buy a high step topper from Fitness 1st.
But I was browsing their web site and thought it might be a good time to buy some additional plates for my Troy Lite Barbell. The price on the plates isn't bad, but the shipping is not great. So then I thought I might just as well buy another Troy Lite Barbell package. Then I would have plenty of plates and another barbell in case I can get my husband and sons into working out with me.
So what do you think? Good or bad idea. Should I just get a pair of 10# plates, or a couple pairs of 5# plates and call it good or go for the whole package?
Thanks in advance for any and all advice. Any out there that have 2 sets of the troy barbells? Is it a good thing?
God bless,
Heather

Doesn't the Troy Lite bar accept any standard plate? I'd just go cheap on that and buy plates from a local Play It Again Sports. The High Step Topper is so versatile, I couldn't imagine doing my workouts without it.

Diane

Is it possible to buy fitness equipment where you live so you won't have to pay the shipping? I usually buy my weight stuff used, saving even more.

If you can afford it, though, I think that having 2 barbells at times would be nice, because then I wouldn't have to change the weights as much during a workout. Or someone else could use them, as you suggested.

Have fun with your decision.
Maggie (another mother of 6):)

The Troy Lite system is fabulous. I don't see why you need a whole second barbell, but I would definitely ante up for the extra plates and I would definitely get them from Fitness 1st. Actually, I did the same. You want quality and it will last you years. Quality goods are worth the money.

Try ebay for the high step topper. I got mine, and extra risers (real useful for seated and prone bench/weight work) at much discounted price on ebay.

The trick is in knowing when to splurge and when to save and which products merit which approach.

Clare

Thanks for the advice. I bought two 5 lb plates at Wal-Mart yesterday and used them this morning while doing squats and lunges for Muscle Max. I knew 40 lbs was getting too easy. 45 lbs felt just right.
I still need to order the High Step Top. I am debating ordering the High Step Training DVD. I already have High Step Challenge DVD. Any advice on The High Step Training DVD? Is it pretty much like The High Step Challenge DVD? Or would it be a good investment? Thanks in advance for any advice.
God bless,
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.