NASM vs. ACE vs AAFA

fitnessluvr

Cathlete
I have recently decided to go for my Personal Trainer Cert. Now I have to decide who to go get it from. Any suggestions from those of you who have been certified?

I have the ACE-PT, ACE-LWMC and NASM-CPT certs. Overall, I feel the NASM cert is a more well rounded (and slightly more difficult) one but their website doesn't really provide the trainer support that the ACE website does. If you plan to work in the field, you may want to ask around at some local gyms to see which cert they prefer you to have.

I am AFAA certified and I LOVE it. It is also well-rounded and I have learned a lot from their textbooks.

GOod luck - whatever you decide on!

Clarissa

AFAA may be "easy" but you sure have to study and know your stuff. There were 12 people in my class, 9 of whom had failed once or twice before. The practical can be intimidating as well depending on the instructor's expectations. I only missed 2 out of 120 on the entire exam, but I studied my a$$ off for 5 months with true dedication.

Clarissa

I have NASM and am really glad I chose that one. I liked how the information was set up and when I finished the test I felt prepared to go out and train.

I am leaning toward NASM, I talked with one of their customer service reps yesterday, he said that 60 out of 100 pass their test and he felt that the 40 who didn't pass didn't study. I think it is like anything else in life - you get out of it what you put into it. NASM said you have 120 days to complete the exam from the date you received the material. I hope that is enough time to prepare. I have two small children, a husband, a house and a dog to care for....

I used to be ACE certified and it was hard to pass the test. The book was huge. Fortunately, I made it to a Level 5. I studied many hours.
Best wishes with whomever you choose.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.