Naples, Florida

patricia024

Cathlete
Hi everyone,
My son and I are driving my mom down to Naples, Florida for Christmas break (Dec. 21) this year (she didn't have to twist my arm too hard!!!!) and we'll be flying back to Michigan on Jan. 2.

Any suggestions from anyone who lives there on where to:

1. Kayak
2. Rent Bikes or walk
3. Airboat rides
4. Line dancing places (I think there's a "Double Deuce Saloon" there but will have to find out more information about it!)

I'm just really looking forward to going to a "WARM" place!!! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I tried kayaking this summer and had a great time.

Thank you,
Patti

Hi everyone,
My son and I are driving my mom down to Naples, Florida for Christmas break (Dec. 21) this year (she didn't have to twist my arm too hard!!!!) and we'll be flying back to Michigan on Jan. 2.

Any suggestions from anyone who lives there on where to:

1. Kayak
2. Rent Bikes or walk
3. Airboat rides
4. Line dancing places (I think there's a "Double Deuce Saloon" there but will have to find out more information about it!)

I'm just really looking forward to going to a "WARM" place!!! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I tried kayaking this summer and had a great time.

Thank you,
Patti

Patti,

I don't know, but I'm givin' this a bump for ya.

Have a great time!
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Patti,

I don't know, but I'm givin' this a bump for ya.

Have a great time!
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

You might want to check out the forums on tripadvisor.com. I always check out that site before a trip to someplace new. It's a great source for valuable info from locals or other experienced travelers.

I live in Tallahassee, FL and all I can tell you is - the BEACHES in Naples are great. Bring some swimsuits and bare feet and you'll be all set! Just putting your toes into the Gulf of Mexico is going to warm your heart! (I lived in Michigan 20 years!)

~ Ann ~
Aim for nothing, and you'll hit it every time!

Hi Patti,

I went to Naples with my DH, DD and DS this past April and had a wonderful time! The beaches are gorgeous like others have posted.
We rented bikes there, I think the place was Naples Cyclery (I have to check old receipts) and those worked out fine. They're one-speeds which is all you need since Naples is pancake flat! There are a lot of neighborhoods/masterplanned communities near the beaches so you can just wander. Great architecture in the houses around Old Town Naples. We ate so much terrific food--loved this place called Calistogas for breakfasts and lunches. We live in CT so it was heaven to go someplace warm in April and soak up sunshine and splash in warm waters. Have fun and I'm jealous!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.