My stupid old fat calves....

TeTe

Cathlete
Okay, they don't LOOK fat, but I bought these really cool cute boots on the internet a couple of weeks ago, and they fit my feet but not my calves!!!!!! Can't get them zipped up!!! Will calf exercises (like the ones in LIS) make my calves bigger or slim them? (or, none of the above!). I've got two weeks to decide whether to keep the boots before the return time is past.

HELP!!!!

Hi,
The same thing happend to me. I had to send my boots backx(

I have large calfs. For me, calf exercises really don't make my calves larger or smaller, it just makes them feel harder.

I'm going to browse some plus sized shops to see if they have any large calf size boots that I like.

Lorrie

Sorry to tell you this, but you probably don't have "fat" calves, just large calf muscles, like me! I cannot buy boots that zip either. I posted a similar question here a few months ago. Most people who answered my question also had this similar "problem". I don't think there's too much we can do about it, except accept the compliments when someone says what nice calves we have.
Paula

Thank you, guys. I did get another pair that were the pull-on stretch type that did work. Alas, bye-bye cute boots.

Me too!! I don't have any advice, but I do get complimented on my calves all of the time and they do help me run better. ;-) Sorry about the boots!

No, you can't spot reduce. Some people have thicker calves...they make sizes to accomodate that - can you exchange them for a wider calf measurement?

I have some fantastic pull on microfiber boots (knee hi) that never fail to attract compliments, from total strangers no less. Trust me, they are smokin!! :p Don't give up on boots just yet--try some other styles/materials.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Eddie Bauer (and other companies) offer a wider calf boot for those of us with gorgeously fit calves. You CAN have cute boots if you build muscles in your calf area, but you have to look for them.

J.Crew has extended calf boots, go get them stretched at a shoe repair place too. I have muscular calves too, but own 5 pairs of knee-highs that I lucked out on. J.Crew, Steven Madden, and one pair I have had for ever and get resoled every other year.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.