My son's yearbook, I need to vent.....

susieq

Cathlete
Then I'll let it go (or try!). My son is a senior and in his yearbook the parents write a little note to their child, basicly telling them how wonderful they are ;-). Well, the mom of twin girls wrote in her note "...and while all the other kids were out running around and worried about playing ball, you were home working....... there is not enough room here to write the history with these girls, they will not talk with the other kids, mom is always complaining, they have twin signals that helps them with test. They are the top two in the class and they HAVE cheated for some grades. Mom has not let them be kids! Our school is super small, so I know all these things for sure.

OK what do you all think of a mom writing that for the whole world to see? Maybe I'm being petty, but I'm pretty mad. Most kids at our school play sports and are invoved in all sorts of activities and still work hard at home and get good grades, without cheating etc...

OK, I'm done, thanks for listening!

Susan

Kids in sports are glorified, especially in smaller schools, kids who do well in school, but are not in sports often do not get any glory. Perhaps that is what the mother referred to.

Or perhaps you should just look at that and let it remind you that you are incredibly blessed for being sane enough to raise a normal child, complete with a normal yearbook inscription.

I wouldn't let a dig like that upset you. Be upset for those poor girls that were robbed of a happy, healthy childhood.

Hmmmm....maybe one day they will get a doctor who cheated his way through med school.

A Spanish teacher from my high school used to say that all the time.

Sounds like she doesn't agree with your approach and you don't agree with hers, but really what does that matter to you? People always think their way is the best way.

I wouldn't give it another thought. You and your son are happy, right?

Sounds like she doesn't agree with your approach and you don't agree with hers, but really what does that matter to you? People always think their way is the best way.

I wouldn't give it another thought. You and your son are happy, right?

ITA. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Not worth the negative energy. ;)

thanks guys

I do feel very sorry for the girls, believe me, my son and many others have tried for years to be their friend. It's hard to describe my feelings, there is just such a background that I could never explain. Really it's not that the athletes get the attention she's upset about. They used to show animals with my kids and it's win at whatever cost, so they are very competive. They have not been allowed to be kids and it makes me sad.

What makes me mad, and I will get over it, is that someone would put down other kids in writing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.