My new VS Sports Bra cut me!!!! :-0

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Yeah, you read it right! I couldn't believe it either! I've had it for about a month now and have worn it a couple of times already with no issues at all but today was different for some reason...

I went to the gym and ran 7 miles on the TM. Fantastic run but I digress...

I felt nothing unusual at all but when I got home and was stripping off my work out clothes I saw it! 2 painful red cuts/abbrasions/scratches...whatever you'd like to call them...in the center of my chest!

It appears that the seam from the sports bra irritated me so badly during my run (I'm surprised I didn't feel it sooner!) that it left these nasty red marks! I was in the shower and every time shampoo or soap would hit them...OUCHEES!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now I am not a complainer by nature and don't normally make a big deal out of much but I'm sorry...VS is not cheap stuff. This should NOT be happening!

I think I am going to write an email to them and let them know this happened to me so perhaps they can fix the problem...whatever it may be!

My HRM does this to me if I run more than 8 miles (although I've found if I put deoderant on the sensor that is against my skin, I'm fine). It DOES hurt when that water hits you! You should write VS - or take them in and explain the situation.

Elaine!! OMG, it's great to "see" you! :7

You know, I've always heard good things about the Bodyglide but never had consistent problems with chafing to go ahead and buy it. I used plain ol' Vaseline, and that worked but it stained a couple of shirts. Time to invest! Thanks!

Thanks for the responses ladies!

I'll check out bodyglide and aquaphor.

So perhaps this isn't so unusual and it's NOT VS' fault??? This has never happened to me before so I don't know and I don't want to complain about a common problem that has nothing to do with how the bra is made.

This has happened to me before too, and not just with bra seams. I've had my skin rubbed raw from my iPod armband during a half-marathon, and also from the sensor on my HRM.

I don't think this is necessarily VS's fault... I think this is just a normal side-effect of distance running. When you take that many steps over and over and over again in quick succession, chafing and rubbing are bound to happen. Any body part in contact with a seam or edge of of a garment is at risk. I agree with the others who said to try Bodyglide - it works! I used it when I ran my marathon, and guess what - NO chafing!!! :)

I got a VS sports bra and it was a piece of junk. Seriously. After just a couple wearings, the strap started popping off in the middle of my taekwondo class. I'd be doing a jumping drill, then have to run to the bathroom to holster myself. I was very ticked.

Bodyglide is awesome!! I used to have problems with my sports bras when running long distances, and it is like magic!! I used to rub it on the sides of my feet so I wouldn't get blisters also.

And hi Elaine, great to see ya!!

I've never heard of c-9 Sunny. I have purchased a few sports bras from Target in the past and like them. I'll have to *FORCE* myself to go check it out!;)

Thanks!

Ditto on C9. I've been very disappointed with Victoria's Secret bras in the past. I just bought 3 C9 bra/cami tops a few weeks ago and have 5 or 6 others. Sports bras just do not last that long, so I hate spending a lot of money on them! I'd also suggest buying according to your band size and not your cup size (I'm a 32-34 E and the small fits me fine) since I think they run large and they stretch a lot. Also, I've found hand washing helps sports bras last longer (and not stretch out as much). Good luck, and I hope you don't get cut ever again!

I was in Target today and totally forgot to go check those sports bras out! D@MN! I'll have to go back SOON!}(

>Thanks for the responses ladies!
>
>I'll check out bodyglide and aquaphor.
>
>So perhaps this isn't so unusual and it's NOT VS' fault???
>This has never happened to me before so I don't know and I
>don't want to complain about a common problem that has nothing
>to do with how the bra is made.

It's not unusual at all. I don't typically have chafing problems until I get into double digit mileage long runs, but no matter what brand bra I use, or how much I spend, at some point, I need Body Glide!

The environment matters as well - if you are sweating more (so, running indoors on a TM, or on a particularly hot day), you might find that you chafe more or less than usual. Certain shorts / tops / etc., will be worse than others....

It's just a fact of life, really. Invest in Body Glide, and use it for distances you know you'll need it (I don't bother for anything less than 10 miles, but that's just me).

>>Thanks for the responses ladies!
>>
>>I'll check out bodyglide and aquaphor.
>>
>>So perhaps this isn't so unusual and it's NOT VS' fault???
>>This has never happened to me before so I don't know and I
>>don't want to complain about a common problem that has
>nothing
>>to do with how the bra is made.
>
>It's not unusual at all. I don't typically have chafing
>problems until I get into double digit mileage long runs, but
>no matter what brand bra I use, or how much I spend, at some
>point, I need Body Glide!
>
>The environment matters as well - if you are sweating more
>(so, running indoors on a TM, or on a particularly hot day),
>you might find that you chafe more or less than usual. Certain
>shorts / tops / etc., will be worse than others....
>
>It's just a fact of life, really. Invest in Body Glide, and
>use it for distances you know you'll need it (I don't bother
>for anything less than 10 miles, but that's just me).

Thanks!

Unfortunately I have no idea when this might happen again. LOL It's never happened before! I ran a half marathon on a pretty warm day not to mention all of the long training runs that went with it and was fine and then got the irritation running 7 miles on a TM! Who knows. Go figure! LOL

I guess I'll go buy the stuff and just use my best judgement. Perhaps I should use it any time I wear the VS bra to run as this particular bra may just not "agree" with me for some reason....

I am no stranger to the irritation caused by an ipod armband though so I know if nothing else the bodyglide will be great to help prevent that!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.