A Milestone of a Day for me....

crazystepr

Cathlete
I reached 1000 posts!! :D Wow, I officially have no life (and the crappiest job EVER). ;)

Allison
1.gif

Congrats Allison! (I think? :p )

Of course you have a life! Crap, I work my butt off here but still manage to pop in once every hour or so, blitz the forum w/posts & go back to pushing papers. ;-)

I'll give you a quick story since I think we're the only 2 left here (why does it get so quiet late in the afternoon?). My screen name used to be Maximus, after my pug. Never will I use my dog's name for a screen name again! LOL! When I went on the RT in 2005 everyone kept calling me my pug's name & it completely freaked me out.

One of the girls suggested combining my first name w/Maximus's so on the next RT I'd have the correct moniker. :p It had the added benefit of having a "Cathe-ish" flair to it (Cathe, if you're reading this, did you ever think your name would be used as an adjective? :+ ). But my name did not come from Cathe's various Maxes. It came from my little clown of a dog.

Point being, I had about 2500 posts under the screen name Maximus. I have an additional 2500 or so under my current screen name.

Now who has no life? :7

I'm still here. I just pop on all day long because I'm at home all day with the laptop always on. I haven't made it to 1000 yet, though.

Interesting story, LauraMax. I would have guessed the Max was like Body Max, etc.

I'm lainiefig because my regular nickname is Lainie (legal name is Elaine) and my Dad nicknamed me Fig (because my sister was a Prune and he though Fig was a good little sister name to a prune--Dad's weird).

ETA: Congrats to Michele for 1000 posts! (Duh, that's what I meant to reply originally.)

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

What a delightful and oh-so-very insightful story into your life, Laura. And yes, why the he!! are we always the only ones posting around this time?!?!

I did hear that you used to be "Maximus" (that was pre-Allison era) and then changed it but I never knew why! And I never even thought about what a nice "cathe-ish flair" your name had to it.

Gee, ya learn somethin' new every day, don't ya?

EAT: As long as we're all divulging our screen name histories, I thought I'd share mine. I like to step. A lot. And jump. High. When I step, I jump and people think I'm crazy. The end. Amen.

Allison
1.gif

Guess what Allison? We (or at least I) had already figured you out.....}( :7 :+ I'm a whiz at putting together vowel-less words. That said, I thought you used to have a different screen name? Didn't you change yours after the RT too?

Lanie, you're a fruit! That is too cute! :)

Ummm, a fig is a fruit, isn't it? :7

I'm trying to figure out if I can squeeze anymore smilies into this thread....}( :D ;-) :7 :+

Oh, Laura! You had me figured out?!?! Darn, I thought I was being so vague and sneaky with that screen name of mine.... ;)

I've always been 'crazystepr'. Never changed my screen name. Just got a crappier job than before where I now have 8 hours a day to post....:)

Allison
1.gif

You guys crack me up... :7

Laura, I thought your name came from the "max-es" too...

Allison, what do you (or don't you :7 ) do for a living?

I don't post much but I do lurk a lot and I do enjoy reading both Laura's and Allison's posts - so glad you both have the time to do it! :p I have been lurking so long I DO remember reading posts by "Maximus"!

Mary

ETA: OH! Congrats on the 1000 posts

Shelley--that makes you a "long time Cathe fan". I've only been posting regularly since, um, maybe...June?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Oh, and to the person who asked what I do: I do inside sales for a very boring manufacturing company from 8am-5pm. Also known as "I do NOTHING"

>Um... if you have no life, what does that make me?:p
>
Holy crap! How did you almost catch up to me? (at this rate, you definitely will pass me soon). And I thought I posted a lot!

You guys are cracking me up, once again! :p

Congratulations on your many thousands of posts. I bow humbly in your presence.

Congratulations Allison. But how did you get from 1000 posts yesterday to 1069 posts today? Did you stay up all night posting??

I'm sorry Allison! I lost track of today's date. Silly me. Anyway, while I'm here, what's your crappy job?

Don't be sorry, Nancy! No problemo.

Anyhoo, my crappy job is an inside sales/receptionist job at a boring manufacturing company. It has rockin' benefits and surprisingly good pay, but I'm going out of my mind. I'm soooooo bored. Hence, my ridiculous amount of posts per day.....;)

Allison
1.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I'm glad we can keep you company, Allison. ;) I know what it's like. I'd rather be overwhelmed at work than be bored, but I do have many slow periods. Keep those posts coming! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.