Microsoft Word question

KimDW

Cathlete
Does anyone know how much different Word 2003 is from Word 2000? I'm taking an online class and the college is using 2003 right now but will be switching to 2007 for future semesters. The teacher said my 2000 will work with 2003 but some of the commands in the textbook might be different. I hate to buy 2003 and then in a year have to buy 2007 for the other classes. I can't really afford it either. I will be doing all my assignments online but have to go to the campus to take the tests which I believe will be on 2003 versions.

Kim

Kim,

Personally, I would wait on buying the an upgrade unless you can afford it easily. I have been through several versions and upgrades throughout the years and Word just hasn't changed that much. I cannot list all of the changes but if it were me, I wouldn't buy until the college upgrades to 2007.

HTH!

You won't notice any difference from 2000 to 2003, but there are alot of changes in 2007. All the same functions are there its just organized differently and just takes a little time to get used to.

Kathy

Actually....

Recent security changes to Office 2003 and newer have made documents by pre-2003 versions incompatible. Microsoft says they can't figure out a way to secure 2003 and newer with the old document formatting. IMHO it's just Microsoft trying to obsolete the older versions quicker.

I would buy the student version of 2003, you should qualify for the academic discount. You could then get the upgrade version of 2007 then it wouldn't break the bank. I believe the academic version of Office were about $140.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.