Legally bald

arogerson

Cathlete
OK, Aquajock, you probably have answered this a million times but I can't do a search because I would never find it. What in the heck does "legally bald" mean anyway? Is there such a thing as "illegally bald?" Just curious. FYI: I am a lawyer by training so that is where the illegal question arises.

Hello, Arogerson -

"Legally bald" refers to those who have achieved their baldness through physiological means, such as chemotherapy, adult-onset pattern baldness, or, in my case, alopecia (a glitch in the autoimmune system which causes scalp and other body hair follicles to stop producing hair).

"Illegally bald" refers to those who have balded themselves through artificial means, such as scalp-waxing, Nairing or other depilatory topical preparations, electrolysis, or, in very rare cases, tweezing out all the hair on the scalp one strand at a time (that takes an awful lot of time).

The statutes defining and governing legal v. illegal baldness vary from state to state. The commission of illegal baldness is considered only cause for civil action in Florida, Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi; it is cause for civil AND criminal penalties in all the other states and Puerto Rico.

A-Jock

A-Jock....

you are as dry as it gets girl!! LOL! Great sense of humor! LOL!
T. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.