Larabars

cheval

Cathlete
Thanks to those that suggested the Larabars. I got a few of these from a Whole Foods store to use as snacks. I've just tried Lemon and Cashew Cookie so far, but yummy!! I'm having to exercise will power not to "taste" the others. ;)

www.larabar.com

April

Mmmmmm. Larabars are lovely. Can't remember how I found them but loved looking at the ingredients and saying to myself "Hey! There's just food in here!"

I can't do bars too often because, while they are yummy, I'm still looking for the rest of the meal. :9

I haven't found the cherry flavor locally, but I do have the apple waiting in the wings.

I've limited myself to one of these a day. As a snack. They're not nearly enough calories for a whole meal, anyway. Just 200 calories. What I did the last two days was eat half right before my workout and the other half just after. Worked great for me.

I'll have to scour the local stores to try to find the flavors I'm missing. I haven't been able to find 5.

Does anybody order these online and have a good source? I found them on sale at Whole Foods for $1.30, but normal price is $2 each. Target has them for $1.40, but only 3 flavors.

April

I just don't get it. I think these all taste simply awful. I've tried every dang flavor in hopes of finding one I liked to no avail.

I got them on Ebay for a pretty good price, even with the shipping. I got some type of sample package with a lot of different flavors. I think they are Ok, but not that great. They are pretty high in sugar, but it's all natural and no junk so that is good. I keep them in my desk at work for emergencies!

>Wait till you try the cherry pie and the apple pie.

Cherry Pie flavor....mmmmmm! My favorite!
The pecan pie is pretty good as well.
In fact, I have yet to taste a Larabar I didn't like!

My Costco has the Larabars for less than a dollar each (of course you have to buy the big box of them!)

There are 6 Cherry, 6 Apple, and 6 Lemon in the box and they are $17.60

I don't mind buying them in bulk because I love them a little too much.

Ooh, those are my favorites too!! I think cherry pie flavor is my favorite though!! I've tried the chocolate coconut and that one was not bad.

That's a great idea about costco. I like the idea of 3 flavors in a case. Wish I could I could find stuff like that online. I'm not a costco member, so I can't take advantage of that.

April

I don't love them all. The lemon are too rich tasting to me, and I really can't stand the ginger snap flavor. Too spicy.

>I think I'd rather get coal in my stocking! LOL!

Too Funny! I am with you; I can't stand Larabars. I've tried several flavors and they are all equally disgusting, IMO.

;-) Sarah

>The lemon are too rich tasting to me,
>and I really can't stand the ginger snap flavor. Too spicy.

I haven't tried the ginger snap, but so far, Lemon and Cherry are my faves. Had Cherry today and it's very yummy.

April

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.